Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_margo

dcarpenter

aka_margo
17 years ago

Awesome! Very generous, funny, and a great all around person!

Comments (44)

• irishdescended
    17 years ago

We have traded plants. Yes she is generous, friendly, person.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

Copied from another recent review thread.

Posted by greenthumbinmygarden z9TX (sandra7414@yahoo.com) on
    Thu, Mar 6, 08 at 11:32

I received a numberous amount of seeds from Darlene. She is very generous with what she sends out to others in need.
    She is a GREAT person to deal with in trading and I highly recomend her.
    I appreciate very much her help and wish her the best of luck always.

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Had a very nice trade with Darlene. Very friendly and nice to deal with - would trade again anytime!

• neuling
    16 years ago

Very generous person, timely trade, and excellent packing. All of the plants arrived no worse for wear.

I'd recommend her to anyone, especially if they want sedums.

• turkeytaker
    16 years ago

Excellent! Couldn't ask for a better trade. Quickly shipped, well packaged, and great plants. :)

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Just completed a great trade with Darlene. Very friendly to deal with and a very generous trader. Would love to trade with Darlene again.

• aclifton
    16 years ago

Just completed another trade. Excellent! Couldn't ask for a better trade. Quickly shipped, well packaged, and great plants. Thanks, Ann.

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

There are 6 great threads started about Darlene, so she is getting alot of reviews, good ones too !
    I think we've become friends as well as plant traders, or at least I hope so. Darlene is generous..sweet and a very kind person..
    Now , on to her plants.
    WOW...WOW...WOW....

I have traded alot on Gardenweb for many years, and I do believe Darlene's box I received this weekend ranks up there with my favorite 3, no kidding.
    She packed a box full..and i mean FULL. She took alot of time packing this box, even looked at my wish list to find things she knew I wanted. She surprised me with some wonderful extras. I felt like I won the plant lottery when I opened this box. My kids even sat around and we took turns opening packages from the box.
    I would highly recommend her for trades, and would trade again with her absolutely anytime !!!

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Darlene was kind enough to send me a surprise packet of seeds when mine were accidentally thrown out. This was unsolicited, she, being the wonderful lady she is, offered them to me and even paid the postage! I won't forget this generosity and hope to pass the goodwill on in the future.

• sjackwheat
    15 years ago

I just finished a great trade with Darlene and would highly recommend her to trade with anytime. My box was received without any delays in shipping and the plants arrived in great condition. Look forward to trading with again.

• irishdescended
    15 years ago

I have traded with Darlene several times. I love chatting with her and she doesnt seem to mind my long emails! She is always generous and sends her plants packed & labeled very well. I cant wait till we get the chance to trade again! Darla

• barbcoleus
    15 years ago

Darlene sent me her end of the trade immediately! And she sent me extra plants which will do well here in zone 10
    Thanks!

• irishdescended
    15 years ago

Just done a seed trade with her and was very pleased. It has been alot of fun getting to know her, and look forward to future trades and chats!Darla

• tina_2
    15 years ago

Hi - I, just had a wonderful trade with Darlene.
    She has great communication, patience and she is thoughtful.
    I couldn't ask for a better person to trade with.
    Darlene - YOU are WONDERFUL!!!!!
    Thank you, so much!!!!!!!!! tina_2

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Just finished my second trade with Darlene and I'm very happy with it!! Great looking plants, very well packed and labeled and extra goodies as well. Can't ask for a better trader!!
    I hope to do it again soon :)

Monica

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Hi! I just received an awesome box from Darlene! :)
    I posted a thread looking for a particular plant for my Gramma and got a wonderful email from her saying she would be honored to send some cuttings for her! I was blown away by her kindness! Everything is well packed and in good shape! I hope she is just as happy with the box I am sending her! :)
    Thanks a bunch Darlene! I hope to trade again! :)
    ~Angie

I found a bunch of other review threads for Darlene,here they are:

dcarpenter

dcarpenter 2

dcarpenter 3

dcarpenter 4

dcarpenter 5

• beverlysc
    15 years ago

Very pleased with my trade with Darlene. Would definitely trade again. Bev.

• agirlsgirl
    15 years ago

Me again!:) I received another box from Darlene today! All I can say is...WOW! She sent amazing plants,all well packed and in great condition! She is kind,generous and extremely easy to get along with! I would recommend her highly to anyone looking for a great trade!:)
    Thanks again Darlene,you have brightened yet another of my days! :)
    ~Angie

• PRO
    WildThings Rescue Nursery
    15 years ago

Probably one of the best traders I've ever exchanged with here at GW.
    Darlene's generousity is overwhelming.
    Packaging was perfect. Plants were labeled, huge, healthy.
    Just can't say enough good things.
    Thanks SO much again, Darlene!

Dawn

14 years ago

Posted by ksplanter z5 ks (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 9:58

Just traded, Very pleased with trade!!!

(copied from another thread before it is lost off of the last page)

14 years ago

Posted by ahall z 8 (grams2boys@htcomp.net) on
    Wed, Aug 8, 07 at 23:20

GREAT TRADE.....I WAS VERY HAPPY. WOULD LOVE TO TRADE AGAIN.THANK YOU

(Copied from another thread before it slips off the last page)

14 years ago

* Posted by kathy547 z8 AR (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 9, 07 at 10:52

I just completed a trade with her & am very satisfied with the trade. I got my end from her faster than I was expecting. The plant she sent was good size & in good shape (& that's with 90* temps here). I would be willing to trade with her again.

(copied from another thread where it might slip off the last page)

14 years ago

Posted by fiberartsfanatic 6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 2, 08 at 9:47

I just completed a trade with dcarpenter. She was very prompt, generous and kept me informed of when she was mailing and when to expect the plants to arrive. I would highly recommend trading with her!

copied from another thread

14 years ago

* Posted by aclifton z7b (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 17:20

I just completed a trade with Darlene. She was quick and generous with her trade. I hope we can work up another trade soon. Highly recommend trading with her.

Ann

copied from another thead

14 years ago

Posted by mommyto2 NC 7 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 6, 07 at 14:23

Just completed a trade with her and it was great. I received great plants well packed and very fresh even in 95 degree weather. Great communication and very polite, I would trade with her in a heart beat!!

14 years ago

* Posted by melis001 8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 8, 07 at 20:00

Excellent garden webber. Beautiful cannas, well packed. Would, and will, trade with her again soon. God Bless.

14 years ago

* Posted by senjanevada 8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 21, 07 at 21:26

I agree. She is very generous. How could she send me 12+ fresh cuttings of cerius night blooming for very small postage. I owe her big times.

Oh yes, she packed them in very good box and mailed priority.

Thank you so much Darlene.

Meli
    senjanevada

14 years ago

* Posted by redheadedstepchild75 8 (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 15:34

I have to agree with all of the above!
    Darlene is a great swapper....very fast, and very friendly....also great to talk with!!

I loved everything I received....she is very generous!

Thank you for swapping with me....and, I look forward to swapping again in the future!!

Red a.k.a Frances

• debbiep_gw
    14 years ago

I just had a great trade with Darlene.She is very prompt,generous and the communication is great also.Hope to trade again sometime.Debbie

• cannadoit
    14 years ago

Darlene is a really nice lady.
    We had an awesome trade, and I look forward to trading with her again very soon!

Thanks!!

• debbiep_gw
    14 years ago

I had another great trade with Darlene,she's very generous, prompt and good communication was had throughout the trade.Thanks!Debbie

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Holy smokes batman! I cant believe I have never traded with Darlene before...What a great person! She is in my top three trades since I have been on Gardenweb! I asked for a surprize cutting box....Wow she delivered a wonderful box! Very kind person and funny too...Thanks for the heart attack Darlene...hahahahh Barb Thank you for the special plants :)

• irishdescended
    14 years ago

I have traded with darlene several times. I dont have enough good things to say about her! All I can say is she is truly a unique and great person. And one who I consider a friend, Darla.

14 years ago

Posted by prayerrock zone 5 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 30, 09 at 0:07

Had a great exchange with this person, she was so pleasant to deal with in all her emails and sent wonderful cuttings packed very well. Shipped promptly and with care. A pleasure to meet!

(copied from another thread)

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

I recieved a nice assortment of plant from debbie today.
    She communicated very well and she also send out very very healthy plant.
    Debbie you have a heart of gold.

• debbiep_gw
    14 years ago

I love to trade with Darlene!She is generous,prompt and communication is great.I hope to have more trades with her.Thanks alot! Debbie

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Just completed a fabulous trade with Darlene! She was so generous with her plants!! Emails were friendly and communication was great. Hope to do more trades with her in the future. Happy Growing! vina :0)

• debbiep_gw
    14 years ago

Darlene is a great trader,we've already had a couple of trades this spring,all was well.Thanks and can't wait for the next one.You are always willing to share your new plants with me and I greatly appreciate it!
    Debbie

• SmokyMist
    13 years ago

Darlene is one of my all time favorite traders on GW. We feed each other's Sedum addiction LOL. Thanks for another great trade Darlene !

• debbiep_gw
    13 years ago

Another great trade with Darlene.She is my weekly trading pal!I do appreciate your generosity and frienship.

• infiniteohms
    13 years ago

great trader, i got huge grab bag box from her and everything was in great shape and labeled when possible... and there was lots and lots of it.

• audrey_gw
    13 years ago

Just had a great trade with Darlene, and she sent me lots of bonus plants!

• fluffybonbon
    13 years ago

I just did a great trade with Darlene last week.
    She is very nice persone.I Would trade with her again anytime.
    Thanks!

13 years ago

Posted by jeffrey_gardener 8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 16, 10 at 20:10

i have just had the pleasure of cpmpleting my first trade with darlene. i am happy to say she has been very co-operative, responsive and helpful in working out an exchange that was acceptable to bth of us. if everyone was like darlene there would be no need for this forum. plus, she is fun to trade with!

(copied from another thread)

Sponsored