Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

trudi_d

Trudi too is responsible for sharing so many wonderful seeds, and especially tomatoes, once she knew I was addicted to them.

We have never traded b4, but I wanted to put in a kind word for her kindness and generosity in sharing seeds with me numerous times for sase...she even supplied the 'b!(in sasbe)

Sue

Comments (29)

• chervil2
    17 years ago

Trudi is a very generous trader. I am thankful for her large package containing a wonderful variety of vegetable seeds that have thrived in my garden these past three years. The Orange Smoothie pumpkins were gorgeous and the Juliet tomatos were perfect.

Chervil2

• girlgroupgirl
    17 years ago

Trudi is a super generous trader and also a lovely gifter of seeds. She embodies the spirit of GW!

GGG

• clawskeeter
    17 years ago

What a generous and kind trader Trudi is! She is the best!

clawskeeter

• sondra_tn
    17 years ago

I will agree with the other's. Trudi is very kind and generous with her seeds.
    Thank you Trudi!

• dirt_yfingernails
    17 years ago

Trudi is a great trader and has taught us all so very much about winter sowing!

• luvsgrtdanes
    17 years ago

One of the Best!!

• daylilydude
    17 years ago

I knew she was here some where after all she is the winter sowing Queen!!She is very generous not only with her seeds but with all her knowledge! She has been very helpful with answering all my different questions no matter how stupid they may have been!Thank you Trudi!!!

Richard who is trying to type and drill holes in my buckets at the same time.

• gardeningdummbie
    17 years ago

Thank you again Trudi.

-EJ

• jeanne
    17 years ago

Trudi embodies the best in gardening spirit. She's an asset to GW. :)

• GawdinFever
    17 years ago

Trudi is a great person all around. She's not only a great trader, but she is a very generous, considerate, and compassionate person!

Susanne

• trudi_d
    17 years ago

Wow--thank you!

I have to say that my own life was changed by the very first person who sent me seeds. Eons back I had stumbled onto the GW looking for info about annuals and came across the seed exchange. I was blown away by the concept--people were trading seeds from their own gardens and some even would give you seeds, they said they only wanted a stamped envelope. I sent an envelope--half-heartedly--I was sure it was a "come on" and I was gonna get my stamps ripped off, but a very small part of me had faith, and so I sent it out. A week later it was back and it was loaded, LOADED with seeds! I started to cry--I was so touched by the generous kindness of this person, a stranger to me. That moment changed my life. Since then, to not share would be a sin.

We all teach each other!

Here is a link that might be useful: Make me happy, learn this one best please!

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

One of the best seed traders!

• kizzyseeds
    17 years ago

Trudi is amazing, what a great gift she has given all of us.
    Sharon

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    17 years ago

Sent along a chockful envelope full of seed my first year trading. Had a lot of fun with that. I don't think I have to explain the trading experience with Trudi, I am sure everyone on the forum has had that experience.

:-)

• stacy_tn_z7
    17 years ago

One of the best givers and traders on GW. Stacy

• teresa_ohio
    17 years ago

Sent me a nice selection of tomato seeds for SASBE a couple years ago. Very generous!

• badzoe
    17 years ago

I had a great trade with Trudi many years ago.

Kristi

• msmisk
    17 years ago

Thanks, Trudi, for the great selection of seeds !!

Carol

• love2gardennc
    17 years ago

Trudi is wonderful, when I first started on the boards she had a post 'When Life Gives You Lemons' or something similar. I responded to her offer of SASBE and learnded about Trudi and WS'ing.

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

Trudi is truly awesome! She is really the kind of person that makes GW great!

• trudi_d
    17 years ago

You're really dating me, that Lemonade post was more than a few years back! That was when I had the house resided and the shelf holding a few dozen drying cups of seeds flew off the wall and all the seeds landed in one big mixed up pile. I traded it as a blend, I got a few blends in return and grew some awesome flower beds.

I am grateful for everyone who traded with me because everyone taught me something about doing it better.

Hugs to all,

Trudi

• booboobearbecky
    16 years ago

Trudi thanks so much for sending me the various heirloom tomato seeds! And thanks for the bonus packet of miniature indian corn seeds. You are VERY generous. Also thanks for introducing me to winter sowing! Your web site is fantastic!!

BooBooBearBecky

• jfguchi
    15 years ago

Wonderful, generous, trader/gifter of seeds. Sent out more than just the tomato seeds I expected - flower and other vegetable seeds that will be great to try and grow.
    Very quick to send out too. THANK YOU TRUDI!!!

• Orcascove
    15 years ago

This post is long overdue.... Sorry Trudi!!

Trudi sent me a packet of tomato seeds back sometime in January (before I knew there was a rate and review forum) when I was a seed newbie. I had never heard of wintersowing, much less realized it was possible. I answered Trudi's choose 6 packs of tomato post, hoping to get some great tomato plants for this spring/summer. When I got the envelope, not only was it full of seeds, but it also had a brochure telling me all about wintersowing, and I have been hooked ever since. So late post or not, I just couldn't help but sing the praises of Trudi_d !!!

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I'm overjoyed with Trudi's generosity and all the available information on wintersowing along with different tips and tricks. Thanks for not giving up on all of us because of a few bad apples. I am going to "pass it forward" to help others through WinterSown.Org and here on GW, etc.! Thank you for what you do!

Blessings,
    Angela

• chrizty
    15 years ago

just had my first SASE with trudi! she was very forgiving to me for forgetting to put a envy inside, seeds got here fast n great shape with extras and info!
    thank you so much trudi!!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Trudi is a great asset to GW, she is very generous and full of knowledge!
    I just got some tomato seeds for sase, Thanks so much for sharing!
    Vic

• godsgardener
    15 years ago

Trudi just sent me some wonderful new heirloom tomato seeds for my SASE. She even sent an instruction sheet on how to save my own tomato seeds. It has great information that I will definately be using in the future. I plan on contributing seeds I save next year to her wonderful organization.
    Thanks Trudi!
    Deb

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

I am so delighted and grateful for all the generous seeds that Trudi sent me. I can't thank her enough!

This year I will be learning how to seed save and will be donating to her organization.

Sponsored