Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dem_pa

Posted by moonphase z7 Ga (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 16, 06 at 22:43

Last year as a newbie,Dem_pa sent me a huge newbie package.This yr.I had something he wanted to trade.When I received his package,it was bulging with seeds.It feels like Christmas to trade with Don.He is the kindest trader I have met.I have many beautiful plants due to his generosity,and will have more now.Thank you Don.
moonphase

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dem_pa

Wonderful!Trader and very generous.Highly recommend.

o

I second that. :-D
Thanks for trading with me. :-)

o

He adopted me when I was a newbie and I was so moved by his generosity. He is very personable, as well. My sons know him as the 'tootsie roll guy'. When my brother was dying, he sent me a care package that was here when I got home from the hospital. I will forever be grateful. My only complaint is that he does not have a wanted list so that I can adequately repay him. Thanks a million dem_pa!
PS> Please update your wanted list. ;-) LizinNH

o

Same here. Dem was my first trade on GW. He was very patient and kind and sent me a seed package bulging with seed too! He was a very good example for me and started me off on the right foot. :-)

o

Excellent communication, generous with seeds and helpful information, and quick shipment. I look forward to trading with Don again. :-)

o

What a wonderful and generous trader! I have never received a trade as fast as I did from Don -- I'd trade with him anytime!

clawskeeter

o

Don is an amazing trader! What a very nice and generous person! Just completed a wonderful trade with Don. Would trade again anytime!
Karen

o

Don is one of the most generous traders I know. For the butterfly swap he sent a huge package of seeds all very nicely packaged and with ID pictures on each one. What a LOT of work.
Top notch, Five Stars to Don

o

Don has just generously shared his African Voilets with me! I am so excited to get started on this new obsession of mine! With this lovely and amazing package of named plants and leaves, he has started me well on my way. This box arrived so quickly too!
Don, please post a wish list so maybe sometime one of us can repay your kindness.
Thanks a million!!
Susann ~ DizzyDaffodil

o

Had a LOVELY trade with him recently. Would trade again anytime!
--Tina

o

Don started me out on AV,also the link to look them up on.
Very friendly, generous,and amazing person. Thanks so much
thumb"s up for Don

o

Just had a wonderful trade of seeds with Don. Very generous and friendly trader.
Thanks,
Annette

o

Don is a great trader. Very generous and prompt.

Jackie

o

Don is absolutley wonderful,All I can do is say everything already said is so true! He is a generous and kind man!I just completed a trade with him and would do it many times over again! They should clone him! LOL!~Angie

o

A super seed trade! Kind, quick, generous and friendly. I would trade again any time.

o

Another fantastic trade with Don! Is there an easier person to get along with than Don? He sends fabulous seeds and has such a great personality,I would trade with him many more times and recommend him to anybody!:)
Thanks again Don!:)
Angie

o

I would like to thank Don for sending me seeds, at his cost, and I couldnt get over all the seeds he included..and he took the time to look at my want list...What a wonderful person..thanks soo much ..and yes, we would love to see a want list posted...

o

Being a newbie I received an email from Don & he told me he'd send me the seeds I liked, I expected a pack of seeds and instead he sent me a b envelope packed full!! I don't think another pack would have fit into it!! What a generous man, I am going to have the best flowers in the neighborhood!! All packets were marked with all of the info I needed too. Hoefully next fall/spring I can send him some too.

o

I have had yet another awesome trade with Don! He is so fun to trade with,and such a generous person!Thanks AGAIN Don!
~Angie :D

o

Another seed package from Don! I am SO excited!!
Thank you! (and thanks for the extras) :)

o

I was sent a bulging envelope as well. I really didn't think that I would be starting seeds and WS-ing this year. I've got all kinds of things to do now! Thanks so much!! LC Grace

o

Just got my envelope from Don, he sent his side of the trade very quickly, and even sent a bonus too. I would be very happy to trade again in the future. Thanks Don!!

o

I just did my first trade with Don. I've always read such wonderful things about him and they are all true! A very friendly, generous, fast trader. I look forward to trading again in the future. Thanks!

o

Great trader! Fast, well packaged, good amount of seeds, and I got a card, too! Thanks, Don!

o

Very generous trader, would love to trade with him again someday!

o

Don was just great to trade with. Very prompt and surprised me with a few more things that were on my want list. Will looks to trade with again!

o

Don is a very generous trader and very prompt! Thanks for the great trade!

o

Very prompt and just as generous! Was one of my first trades! Look forward to future trades. Thanks!!!

Carrie

o

Posted by chickenseed 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 26, 09 at 23:15

Don sent me a ton of seed and even supplied the bubble envelope and postage !It felt like christmas as it was snowing like crazy as I opened it. I can't believe how generous you are Don ! I am starting to get some winter sown out this weekend thanks to him.

copied from another thread

o
RE dem_pa

Posted by agirlsgirl 5-6 PA (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 07 at 22:06

I know Don has been praised here before but I think I should do it again! He is so generous and nice he deserves it! Thanks for a great trade Don!~Angie

copied from another thread

o

And I thought I was prompt. Received my seeds plus extra. Thank you

o

Posted by alice_aky 6 (alice_aky@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 9:35

I had read good reviews on trades with dem_pa. They were correct, the trade was quick and easy. I would trade with dem_pa again. Thank you Don.
Allison

(copied from another thread)

o

I just completed a trade with Don and was very pleased. He sent a very generous amount of seeds I had been wanting to try. Thanks again Don. Darla.

o

Just had another trade with Don, he sent his end super quick, and communication was awesome as usual. Thanks again Don!!

orcascove (Barb)

o

Don was so very generous. I was admiring his pics of his penstemon and asked if he had any of the true blue left. He asked for my address and sent me 3 packs of seeds of penstemons and he paid the psotage. What a great asset to the garden web family. AAA+++ in my book.

o

Don responded to a seeds for postage thread that I posted. He sent his envelope quickly AND enclosed two packets of penstemon seeds for me.

Thanks Don!

o

I did a trade with Don not too long ago and all I can say is that he's one generous trader! Thank you, Don! I look forward to growing my seeds!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I just completed a trade with Don... what a very generous trader!! Wonderful communication and fast shipping. Thanks Don!

Emily

o

Just had a trade with Don,who very generously helped me out,very quick and sent extras,wouldnt hesitate to trade with again.

o

Completed a trade with Don back in Oct. and am very pleased and will definitely trade with him again.

o

Completed a trad with Don today. It went very will. He traded a pack of red columbine and globe thistle seeds for my pink tall garden phlox seeds. The thistle was an pleasant surprise. :)

Thanks for a great trade Don!

o

Was recipient of a round-robin package exchange from dem_pa, and got an astounding assortment of both perennials from his garden, and seeds and various other goodies. I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff, and very much in favor of him as a trading partner. Very nice, sir!

o

I was so lucky to trade with Don. Thanks for a great experience and so many nice, beautiful seeds.

Kelly

o

My trade with Don was really awesome, great communication, well packaged, and lots of great beans! Thanks again, Don. Your beans are going to make my family and me very happy come summer.

o

I got some wonderful seeds from dem-pa for the Secret Santa Swap! I got Phili White Box Radishes, Flamingo Feather Celosias, and Sugar Baby Watermelon seeds! Very generous - thanks so much! Can't wait to grow these!

o

Wonderful package from Don for the Secret Santa swap...filled with some great beans. Definitely has a generous spirit when it comes to his seeds! Thanks for the great gift, and Merry Christmas!

o

I received an unusual bean variety from Don in the Secret Santa swap. I'm excited to try this one...thanks!

o

Regarding this year's annual Round Robin "Secret Santa Seed Swap"...

Don, you totally rock, bud! Thanks uber muchly for all the wonderful heirloom tomato seeds, perfectly packaged, totally intact! In my opinion, you are quite generous and a fine, participating GW community member! Thanks again for making our Christmas way more positive than it might have been otherwise! :)

o

Thank you Don, for the great seeds you sent in the Secret Santa Swap. You are always very generous!
Alana

o

• Posted by ruthz DFW/TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 10, 11 at 18:07

Don, thank you for the cute santa card and sharing your seeds with me in the Secret Santa swap.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

o

Received great seeds from dem_pa in the secret santa swap.Hope to do an individual shop with Don sometime in the future. Merry xmas, Connie.

o

Received several packages of seeds, many in each package. All mailed in a bubble envelope. Nicely done.

o

I recieved a nice card and some amazing seeds in the SS RR swap from dem_pa! Thank you so very much!!!!

o

Loved the seeds. Can't wait to see if I can grow your sugarbaby watermelons! Thanks bunches. A

o

Thanks Don for your generous gift of seeds in the Secret Santa swap...much appreciated! Merry Christmas!

Annie

o

Don sent a wonderful selection of seeds and cute snowman card. I love getting seeds that are marked as your favorites.

A great Santa!

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 2, 12 at 22:45

Don is a Super Santa! He sent me seeds on my want list and a lovely card!

Thanks Don!

o

Thanks to Don for the Secret Santa card and seeds. Margo

o

Don (dem_pa) sent me very beautiful red hens n chicks with a beautiful card for secret santa swap. He decided to send them in March instead of December because of cold.

These are stunningly pretty and I am so excited and glad. They were in my want list and it was a pleasant surprise. Thanks to Don for taking time to sending these pretty succulents and that also in very generous amount.

Here is picture of them:

o

Just wanted to thank Don for such a wonderful package that he sent me in the MNF's Merry Merry Month of May Swap. He went above and beyond what was expected for this swap. Such a surprise and everything was just wonderful!

Can't thank Don enough!!!

Happy Blooms!
vina :)

o

Don and I were partners in the July MNF Fresh and Cool swap.(yes, I said July, I am so very late in posting this)

Thanks Don for your generosity. So enjoyed everything!

Annie

o

Don and I were partners in the July MNF Fresh and Cool swap.(yes, I said July, I am so very late in posting this)

Thanks Don for your generosity. So enjoyed everything!

Annie

o

I participated in the Santa Card Swap this year, and Don did a great job of packaging a bunch of seeds for me. It was a great surprise and very appreciated!

Mandy

o

Don sent me a lovely card and 4 packs of much appreciated seeds in the secret santa swap. Thanks so much!

Betsy

o

Don you are the man!! In Secret Santa Swap Don went out of his way to send me a huge variety of seeds, a lovely card and also some hens and chicks. I can't wait to start planting in Spring!! Thank you Don :))

Cindy

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 14:19

Don sent me a lovely card and some great seeds for the Secret Santa Swap this year. Thanks so much!

Katie

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 20:11

Many thanks to Don for the seeds and the great card from the Secret Santa Swap!
Shirley!

o

Thank You for the lovely card and all the wonderful seeds in our secret santa swap.

o

Thank you so much for all the lovely seeds, I cannot wait to try them! It was fun being in the SSS exchange with you this year, I look forward to next year.

o

Got seeds from dem-pa for secret santa swap and a nice card, thanks very very much Don.

o

Don did another great job in the SSS. Thanks for the cards and seeds. Margo

o

Just had a seed trade with dem_pa. Shipped quickly, well packaged, and good communication. Also included extra seed. #1 trader.

o

Don sent surprises my way in the recent/current Secret Santa Swap. Thanks for your generosity and the very nice Christmas card.

Happy New Year!!

Annie

o

Thanks so much, Don, for the card and all the wonderful seeds for this year's 5th annual (my 3rd) "Secret Santa Seed Swap"! You are always so generous with what you send and this instance was no exception. :)

o

Thank you for your generosity Don! He sent me some wonderful seeds for the Secret Santa Swap. :)

o

Sent wonderful seeds in the Secret Santa Swap. Thank you very much.
Heidi

o

Dan sent me a card loaded with seeds in the secret santa swap this year. Thanks alot!! Suzanne

o

He sent me an adorable card and much wished for seeds in the SSS this year! I've also traded with him several times and he is a pleasure to trade with and receive from! Thanks!

o

dem_pa is a memorable trade - always sends a generous amount of seeds, with lots of useful information on the label. Thanks for your generous gift in the Secret Santa Swap 2012.

o

I just received the nicest Christmas card in the mail today from Don! Thank you so much for all the lovely seeds you sent...especially the Crystal Columbine :D WOOHOO!

It was so generous of you! Thank you so much for including me in the Secret Santa Swap :)

Merry Christmas!
vina :D

o

I would like to thank dem PA for adopting me in the newbee Milkweed post.

I am also thrilled with the seeds he sent me in the secret Santa exchange.

Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Lorabell

o

• Posted by cghpnd 7 / N.Virginia (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 12:59

Dem_pa was very very generous sending seeds for the Secret Santa Swap. AWESOMENESS!

o

From Don (dem_pa), in the Secret Santa swap, I received Thai basil, Utah celery, petunia, peony poppy, and beans - several varieties (Anasazi, Kentucky Wonder, Hutterite, Blue Lake Pole, Kidney, Royal Burgundy, and Cherokee Trail of Tears beans). Very generous - thank you!

o

Don, really glad you participated in this year's 6th annual "Secret Santa Seed Swap"! Major thanks for the kewl snowman card and for the, wonderful, generous amount of "Anaheim and Thai Hot Chili Pepper" and "Rose/Pink Peony Poppy" seeds! Rippin' kewl! Your card and seeds arrived in totally excellent condition. All blessings upon you-n-yours for the coming year! :)

o

Thanks from me, too - a new Round Robin-er - Don sent me one of the first cards I got and sent lots of my seed needs from my list.

I hope your gardening is amazing this year, Don!

from
Susie

o

Rec'd a wonderful card and always a good selection of seeds from Don! Thank you so much for sending them to me this year from the SSS. Will definitely be growing them!

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 4, 14 at 11:16

Don, thank you very much for the cute card and the seeds you sent me for the SSS! Greatly appreciated!
Happy 2014,
Shirley!

o

For this year's SSS, dem_pa sent me a great assortment of seeds within a festive card. Peony poppies, 'Will Rodgers' zinnia, horehound, and calendula. I had low hopes for receiving two of the types included since I rarely see anyone looking for them, but surprised was I when I opened the card! Thank you a ton!

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 22:49

I received a great card and wonderful seeds from Don this year in the 2013 Secret Santa Swap. Thank you for sharing holiday cheer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Exchanges Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here