Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
panhandle_seed_swap

MissyGA64

MissyGA64 sent me a really cool, sparkly snowman, homemade Christmas card and a wonderful selection of heirloom seeds, for the 2013 Secret Santa Exchange. Thank you so much!

Comments (11)

• lorabell_gw
    10 years ago

Thank you as well. I greatly appreciate the consideration in making a homemade card for the exchange. And great seeds as well. Laura

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

In Secret Santa Swap I received a beautiful black card with matching black envelope from MissyGA64--handmade and fun! She had the cutest seed envelopes made out of craft paper and neatly folded--Coreopsis Grandiflora, Rudbeckia Triloba and Joe Pye Weed. Oh the anticipation of spring!!! She's a top-notch swapper.
    Heidi

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

What a piece of artwork Missy sent for the Secret Santa Swap! Beautiful handmade card with Broccoli Raab Zamboni and Basil Crimson seeds inside. Love them both and cant wait to start these both this weekend :) Thank you for sharing with me Missy!

• Ruby_Dog
    10 years ago

Thank you Missy for the wonderful handmade card and seeds for mizuna, lettuce and melon in the cutest seed envelopes--this was in the Secret Santa Swap.

Great gardening to you,
    Betsy

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I recently receved a beautiful Christmas card and seeds in our Secret Santa Swap.

• l1oness
    10 years ago

I received a beautiful homemade snowman card from MissyGA64 in the Secret Santa Seed Swap. It was filled with lettuce (Rossa Di Trento, Red Leprecaun) Carrots (Napoli & Kaleidoscope mix), and tomatoes.

Thank you!
    Mandy

• smitties
    10 years ago

Received a beautiful handmade card with seeds for the 2013 SSS. Thank you so much.

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Thank You for the Christmas card and seeds in the 2013 Secret Santa Swap.

• primrose1x3
    10 years ago

MissyGA64 sent me a Secret Santa card with a snow scene done with white paint on velvety-black, stiff paper and touches of glitter. I know, from personal tussles in "crafting" my own SS cards with red glitter over poinsettas, how hard it is to do this so elegantly - mine would have been better saved for Alana's next Halloween swap - but I digress. Looking at Missy's card, with such a sharp contrast between velvet black and glittery, ghostly white, I thought I could have been looking at a Hiroshige woodcut of a snow scene during the Japanese Edo period.

Beautiful, Missy - thank you - and I shall enjoy the thyme.

(The woodcut I saved from the University of Michigan that illustrates what I'm talking about, is now represented by a different scan that mutes these contrasts, sadly, into a pervasive gray. I don't know what they were thinking to switch to a scan like that. Anyhoo, Hiroshige (1797-1958) is said to have achieved his starry effects with broken mica, and although I can't find a good scan for this particular point, his work can be found here: http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/hiroshige_ando.html .)

• kchd
    10 years ago

I received a great card and wonderful seeds from Missy this year in the 2013 Secret Santa Swap. Thank you for sharing holiday cheer!

• elvimiller
    10 years ago

Missy was part of For the Kids Seed Swap 2014 in Round Robin. She followed all directions and was a pleasure to swap with! Thanks!

Sponsored