Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_b_in_wy

xiangirl

mrs.b_in_wy
13 years ago

Well, I searched but didn't find a thread for Heidi yet, so here's a nice report for you. I just received Heidi's end of our trade this morning. Way fast shipping and nifty seed packages. Everything in our agreement and more. Thanks so much for the nice trade!

BTW, I forgot to tell you in the e-mail I sent that your recycled packaging now resides in my recycling :)

Comments (76)

• sjc48
    11 years ago

I received a beautiful handmade card and lots of seeds from Heidi in the Secret Santa Swap - Many thanks, Heidi!
    Shirley!

• kchd
    11 years ago

Heidi sent me a lovely homemade card and some great seeds for the Secret Santa Swap this year. Thanks so much!

Katie

• grdngramma
    11 years ago

Received seeds for secret santa swap thingy in a very cool homemade card, Heidi put a lot of effort into this, glad she is part of the Garden Web community, thanks very much.

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing with a newbie this year in the Secret Santa Swap! I love the flowers you sent and appreciate your generosity!

• l1oness
    11 years ago

I received a cute homemade card and flower seeds from Heidi/xiangirl for the Secret Santa Swap. Thank you!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Thanks to the post office, Heidi had to send my card and seeds twice. Thanks so much for going through all the trouble to help fill my garden with flowers Heidi. Margo

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    11 years ago

I received a nice card and seeds from Heidi in the SS swap from Heidi. Thank you! Suzanne

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

She sent a beautiful homemade card and nice seeds in the SSS! Thanks so much, Melinda

• wonky
    10 years ago

I asked heidi if she would accept a trade instead of a sase for some flowers. She said she didn't want a whole lot and that she would send out whatever I wanted because she loved to share. SHE WAS NOT JOKING. She has got to be the most generous trader ever. she sent me like 30 packs! thanks Heidi! I sent her some stuff, but nothing in caparison to what she sent me.

• djune_gw
    10 years ago

Had a wonderful trade of seeds from xiangirl. She sent several
    packages of seeds, that I am very glad to have.
    Thank you, xiangirl
    djune

• michelelee
    10 years ago

Just traded with Heidi. Package came fast and in good shape. Was very generous and included some extras on my wants list. Was so pleased. It really made my day! Thanks so much Heidi. Would be happy to trade with her anytime!

• valeriepa
    10 years ago

Great trade. Planted one type of seed she sent. All were viable. Got growing seedlings now. Sends enevelopes with flower descriptions.

• daisy_lee
    10 years ago

I just had my first seed trade with Heidi and it was great! She was a pleasure to chat with and sent such a nice assortment of seeds. All of them were packed so nicely with color pictures of the plant!

I hope we can trade again Heidi! Thank you!

Carol

• Shannon.S
    10 years ago

I am new to the forums and Heidi almost immediately contacted me with lots of advice and good tips! She sent me a package literally filled with seeds to get me started!! I was so excited to open it up and see what she sent! She is a very sweet and generous lady. I offered to send her some money since I didn't have anything to trade and she only requested that I be generous and help someone else out in the future. I absolutely love the idea of paying it forward! Thank you sooooo much, Heidi!!! You made my day!! I can't wait to get started on my new flowers!!

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I recently received a beautiful Christmas card and seeds in a Secret Santa Swap.

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

I was more than blessed by Heidi in the Secret Santa Swap . . . she sent me an abundance of seeds that I had on my Wish List and I can't tell you, as a new trader, how much I appreciate gardeners like Heidi.

Susie

• l1oness
    10 years ago

I received a cute card and a bunch of perfectly packaged Cosmos and Columbine seeds from Heidi in the Secret Santa Swap. Thank you!

Mandy

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

I received a Christmas card and wonderful seeds in the SSS. Thanks

• smitties
    10 years ago

Thank you to Heidi for the Christmas card and seeds I received in our 2013 SSS.

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Thank You for the Christmas card and seeds in the 2013 Secret Santa Swap.

• vajeff
    10 years ago

What a surprise xiangirl sent to me for SSS '13! Inside the adorable card was an assortment of interesting and varied seeds, all packaged in little, hand-made envelopes that included information about the seeds within. Everything arrived safely and without damage. What a treat! Thank you!

• kchd
    10 years ago

I received a great card and some wonderful seeds from Heidi in the 2013 Secret Santa Swap. Thank you so much for sharing holiday cheer this season!

• elvimiller
    10 years ago

Heidi donated a great amount of seeds For the Kids Seed Swap 2014 in Round Robin. Thank you so much!

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Heidi is a wonderful trader and a great gal. Can't thank her enough for all the seeds she sent.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    9 years ago

Posted by vaflowernut 6 southwest Va (pcbt07@centurylink.net) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 10:14

Heidi is great, very nice. And her plants are healthy. I'd trade again any time. Thanks Heidi.

(copied from another thread>

• Phylis
    9 years ago

Heidi is the sweetest, kindest, and most generous gardener! I went from a complete newbie, to having the most awesome collections of echinacea and perennial flower seeds from Heidi for sase. The package arrived quickly, with cute little seed envelopes adorned with plant images and sowing instructions.

Thank you Heidi! You're the garden angel, and the flowers will carry the joy you spread and bring it forward.

• Ruby_Dog
    9 years ago

Heidi sent me a beautiful handmade card and envelope filled with flower seeds in the 2014 Secret Santa Seed swap! Thanks so much for thinking of me, can't wait to plant these. Happy new year,
    Betsy

• paulan70
    9 years ago

Received a beautiful card and seeds with this years secret Santa exchange. Greatly appreciate it.

Paula

• roper2008
    9 years ago

Love Heidi's homemade card. She sent me lovely seeds
    for the secret santa swap 2014. Thank you

• jas_il
    9 years ago

I received a nice cutout card with a very nice set of seeds through the Secret Santa Swap. Thank you

• Karen Holt
    8 years ago

She adopted me as a newbie and wow! She sent me a ton of seed with everything marked clearly. She made everything go so easy for a beginner swapper/gardener. Thanks Heidi for everything!

• Daniel
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

She also adopted me and I got a wonderful selection of seeds. Thanks so much.

Her seeds are so nicely packed I feel bad opening them.

• mrs.b_in_wy
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Another big hug for Heidi for your beautiful card in the 2015 SSS. Inside were seeds for Asclepias syriaca,
    Allium aflutunense, A. nigrum, Gaillardia 'Yellow Queen' and Malva
    sylvestris! I'm slowing expanding the varieties of milkweed on the menu
    in our yard. Both these alliums are new to me as is 'Yellow Queen,' and
    I'm looking forward to having a new color of French Hollyhock :) Thank you so much!

• lorabell_gw
    8 years ago

What a fun stocking card filled with seeds received in this years SSSS! Too cute! My fav! The seed varieties were amazing. Two varieties of alliums, yellow queen gaillardia, plus purple ruffles basil! All arrived in perfect condition! Thank you sooo much!

• Diknownana
    8 years ago

Received mint, sweet basil and rosemary from Heidi in the SSS. All were received in perfect condition.

• katkn
    8 years ago

Fun trade from the SSS.

• Glov2
    7 years ago

Heidi shared some of her lily of the valley plants with me... Beautiful plants with healthy root systems (which are doing great). She even covered the shipping cost without wanting anything in return...only asked that I continue to spread the joy of generosity by helping someone else. I'm more than happy & willing to to fulfill her request. Heidi is a very kind & an amazing person!

• BenLovesBeets (Zone 7b)
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Heidi shared many seeds with me and wonderful other homemade/crafty items in a recent swap. I look forward to future trades as she is so generous and fun-spirited. She is a great person to trade with and get to know! I highly recommend swapping with Heidi! You will be blessed by more than just seeds.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    7 years ago

Nice trade with Heidi. Pleasant correspondence. Quick mailing in well padded envelope. Well packaged seeds (with lots of extras) with very informative descriptions on each homemade packet. Packet also has a photo of each plant, which is a plus.

• Annie (Georgia / USDA Hardiness Zone 8A)
    7 years ago

I got a nice selection of seeds from Heidi and jensyen as part of my newbie package.

• val (MA z6)
    7 years ago

When I was a newbie several years ago, Heidi offered me a bunch of flower seeds for a Bubble envelope/SASE. I never expected the amount or selection that she sent and was WOW'd like Christmas morning! I will always remember Heidi's generosity. She continues to do so for newcomers, AND sends donations to the GW Newbie Seed Project each season (alot!) for which I am so greatful to help share with other newbies!
    THANKS HEIDI!!

• baabaamilker
    7 years ago

I'm a newbie and Heidi was offering flower seeds for SABE. Like everyone else I felt that she was extremely generous and gave a wide variety of seeds. I'm looking forward to growing these in my garden this year. Thank you Heidi!

• Galen xoxox
    7 years ago

Heidi is amazing! She is generous with her seeds and her advice, as she spent quite a bit of time coaching this me (the newbie) through my first round robin swap. I also received lots of seeds from her in my newbie seed pack!

AND...have you SEEN her seed packets?? They're a stroke of genius. It's clear that Heidi puts loads of heart into everything she touches. Thanks again, Heidi!

• Chelsea Korth
    7 years ago

Heidi saw my questions on the newbie thread and took the time not only to answer them, but to message me directly with advice. She also reached out and offered to send me some seeds. I got them today and I can't believe the bounty she shared. There are dozens of seed packets, all with pictures and descriptions! I am looking forward greatly to planting many of these flowers and am very grateful. Excellent person to interact with, and very kind!

• Nikki Lambeth
    7 years ago

I'm so thankful for the excellent seeds and trading I received as part of the New Years swap round robin. I'm grateful for the generosity of each and every member of the swap!

• Lizzie
    7 years ago

Heidi is so sweet and generous! I was new to the Seed Exchange back in November and she sent a big envelope PACKED with a large variety of seeds, many of them she harvested and placed into perfect little seed packets that she designed herself. The parent plant was pictured on a lot of the packets, which is a really special. I couldn't believe how many were in there, it was better than Christmas. Also in the mailer was a beautiful card handmade by Heidi.

This experience was so wonderful, I am hooked for life and can't wait to harvest my first seeds and give back to the Newbie Exchange. Many of the marigolds she sent are now starting to bloom. =)

• Richard Harbison
    6 years ago

Great exchange! Heidi was extremely helpful, generous and great at communicating. She's a real asset to the Seed Exchange!

• Kelli
    6 years ago

Great trade with Heidi, she's extremely generous and fun to chat with! thanks again! :)

• Karen (Nebr)
    6 years ago

Just found this page. Heidi packages are so cute and she’s super generous with seeds and advice (I’m a newbie especially to winter sowing). Thanks so much for the swap.