Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

are ebay sellers considered vendors and can they be listed on thi

littleonefb
17 years ago

Are those that sell seeds on Ebay considered vendors?

There are some great sellers there who have seeds and there are some that are risky at best, downright bad at worst. Would love to be able to post about them here as well as they usual business that sells seeds.

Fran

Comments (3)

• webkat5
    17 years ago

They do already have their own rating system and none of us can be sure that they are actually a "company". If they have an external site (outside of Ebay) where they sell the same goods, I would say go for it.

In my opinion (that's all it is) we should stick to the individual stores (freestanding rather than part of a larger site).

• eden_in_me
    17 years ago

I think they should be included as this forum is for comments about "nurseries, mail-order companies, and other gardening-related sellers." Companies are mentioned, but so are sellers.

I could relate a few horror stories about a couple of Ebay merchants I had the misfortune to buy from, but the overwhelming majority of my Ebay purchases have been extremely good.

Ebay's feedback is helpful, but they put a time limit on how long you can leave negative feedback. This doesn't help if your problem with the vendor is one of not receiving the goods in a timely manner, if you have been generous in allowing the vendor leeway. Or if the plant looks marginally ok upon arrival but fails to thrive after following seller's instructions.

I think the vendor should be identified with "Ebay seller So & So" in the subject line though, so that people who have no interest in Ebay wouldn't think the post was about an online nursery they might want to check out.

Marie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Marie,
    I agree with you completely. I think ebay sellers should be included in this forum. For instance I recently bought 6 clematis from ebay sellers Koi Garden Club.

A rating on the Forum should be headed like:

Ebay Seller: Koi Garden Club

All positive or negative information should be stated in the body of the post. Not in the title of the post. This will make it much easier for anyone doing a search on this particular ebay seller. No + or - or extra words.

I plan on rating Koi when the plants arrive based on the condition of the packaging, root size, plant condition. Then next year I will be able to follow up with how they have performed. Koi offers a 2 year guarantee on their plants and in the event there is a problem we will all be able to see how they stand by that policy as well.

Tracy