Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Brent and Becky's Bulbs

They sent very nice sized bulbs, well labeled, and shipped promptly. Their prices were reasonable as well.

Will definitely be ordering from them again and again.

Sue

Comments (12)

• gdionelli
    17 years ago

I agree. The bulbs I got from them this year were huge and firm. A little pricier than John Scheepers, but excellent quality.

• greenelbows1
    17 years ago

I've ordered from them a number of times--good prices, good quality, good service. Trying to narrow down to a reasonable order now!

• Loretta NJ Z6
    17 years ago

I've ordered from them several times and have been very happy. The bulbs come in fresh and plump. For my location, I find that if you are looking for larger quantities, the prices are as good or better than buying several packs locally at markdown prices. Start watching after Thanksgiving for a sale - usually about 1 week later in the beginning of December. Some popular items need to be ordered ASAP such as Tulipa acuminata.

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

Lilies that I received from them two years ago were infected with virus. They infected my existing lilies that season. I lost a very large collection of lilies because of that. I called customer service and was informed that Brent would call me back. Never heard from him or anyone. Last year, some more Lilies still showed infection. I had to kill them all.

• susanlynne48
    17 years ago

Sorry about your order, Pitimpinai, but I still have to highly recommend them. They aren't really doing as many lilies as they used to. But no excuse.

I took a chance and ordered two Alocasia lutea from them. At the time, this plant was a lot more expensive than the tissue grown cultures from B&B. Keep in mind, I had previously ordered from Plant Delights. B&Bs plants were much, much nicer than PDs. And, only $8 for each plant, with lots of nice, healthy foliage and roots. I was pleasantly surprised and would order from them again.

Susan

• msbernard
    17 years ago

I have only ordered from their fall catalogs and recommend them highly. I do wish they would ship a little quicker. I asked for early September and got my bulbs in early October instead. It gets very cold here in the high desert and I was a miserable girl out digging holes and getting my order planted. The quality of the bulbs are gold star. I have never received such large firm bulbs from anywhere else except for John Scheepers.

• plantsnobin
    17 years ago

Last year the crocosmias I rec'd from them never came up. I emailed them about it, the first time I got a 'they are very late to come up' and happy gardening. I emailed again in August, same response. When some of the lilies I had ordered from them turned out not to be the ordered variety, I didn't bother to notify them, as I didn't get anywhere with the nonviable crocosmias. Late in the summer I rec'd a postcard from them stating that their liles had been mislabled. Nice that they did follow up when they saw a problem, but I still won't order from them again.

• sharong
    17 years ago

I have ordered from them for years and years and everything (including lilies) was splendid. The day after Thanksgiving they have a sale on all their bulbs but a lot of them are sold out.
    Sharon

• Nancy
    16 years ago

I have to say, I would order from them again. I bought some plants during their 25% off sale-wish I had waited another week when they had 50% off :) I ordered a few plants I really wanted-Rodgersia, yellow baptisia, & a couple others. WAY cheaper than I could have purchased locally for the size even if they had been available.They sent HUGE roots, at least compared to what I have ordered elsewhere like Park's & a couple of less reputable places. I saw growth the day after I planted & haven't missed a beat. I rarely order plants online, B & B's doesn't have a huge selection, but I'm more likely to buy again.

• alina_1
    16 years ago

I ordered from them 4 times. Everything was in great condition except the Amaryllis bulb I ordered during their 50% off sale. It was completely rotted. They issued the merchandise credit for it.

• tracey_nj6
    16 years ago

I recently received an order from them;
    3 Astilbes; Amethyst, Europa, Obergartner Jurgens
    1 Canna; Tropical Sunrise
    10 Crocosmia masonorum
    10 Crocosmia, Emberglow
    1 Dahlia, White Perfection
    1 Hibiscus, Kopper King
    5 Penstemon, Red Riding Hood

Everything came bare root and looked okay. Two astilbes looked wonderful, with sprouts. One looked beyond dead and moldy. Well, before writing off a complaint, I decided to pot it up to see what happens. Much to my surprise, it now looks as great as the other two. I've never had luck with astilbes in the past, but I figured at 50% off I'd give them another shot. Glad I did. The penstemons aren't doing well at all; 1 is, 4 aren't. I'll give them more time. Everything else is wonderful! Good experience, great prices; I'll give them my business!

• arythrina
    16 years ago

Awesome bulbs, never had any problems with this company. At this point, just looking forward to the sale...