Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gdionelli

ValueSeeds

gdionelli
17 years ago

Am I the first to post here? I just discovered this forum.

I'll start with a vendor that's very popular this time of year. ValueSeeds has great prices on seeds from the Thompson & Morgan catalog. The packages have very little info on them, so be sure you keep a good list of what you ordered and also print out the culture info from the website to have it for reference. They also send seeds very quickly.

Here is a link that might be useful: ValueSeeds

Comments (15)

• romando
    17 years ago

I agree! Valueseeds is quite a treasure trove. It's owned by Thompson and Morgan, so the seeds available on Valueseeds are overstocks (mostly) and discontinued items (some) from Thompson and Morgan. They are usually from the prior year, but germination is pretty good, and you can't beat the price. Shipping within the U.S., no matter how much you purchase, is 99 cents. Can't beat it!

Amanda 'romando'

• karyn1
    17 years ago

I agree with the above posts. Nice varieties and you can't beat the price.
    Karyn

• sheltieche
    17 years ago

Price is good but I am not happy with T&M germination rates. They are very unreliable, some seeds will germinate nicely and some will be nothing. Of course, for that prices I am taking my chances but...

• caroleella
    17 years ago

They didn't ship very quickly for me, it took almost three weeks. But at their prices, I can hardly complain.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    17 years ago

Price was good, and they were quick to ship. I am assuming they will have good germination, but will report back if I find they do not do well.

Sue

• Loretta NJ Z6
    17 years ago

They were quick to ship to me and germination was good.

• racetowin
    17 years ago

Valueseeds has been quick and kind to me.....Affordable postage also.

racetowin

• skohler
    17 years ago

i just placed a order online to the value seed company
    this is the 1st time for me but the prices were right for me & i hope if i can get 4-6 seeds of each pk to germanate i will be very pleased :))

will report back when they arrive .
    susie

• fliptx
    17 years ago

I ordered from them last year. As I recall, I got my order in little over a week. The seeds came in a bubble mailer, which I appreciated.

I can't attest to the germination rates because I haven't grown anything yet. I bought too many seeds for my little garden last year. ;)

• trudi_d
    17 years ago

I think the germination rates are great, I haven't had a problem yet with T&M seeds. ValueSeeds often has a nine cent pack, I stock up on those to the limit I can order them--they go quite far in classes or groups. Currently, the nine-center is a pack of oriental mesclun, quite nice!

T

• landofoz_07
    17 years ago

I've had good success with valueseeds germinating. I've ordered from them a few times and it usually takes 3-4 weeks for my seeds to arrive. Would be nice if they got here a little quicker but for 99 cents, I'm not complaining.

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

Great seeds, left 3 items out of 20 from my order, responded to email immediately & reshipped the same day. Highly rated! Germination at least 90%

• karyn1
    17 years ago

I recently placed my second order. I received my first order within a week, not so fast this time around. I'm still waiting.
    Karyn

• msbernard
    17 years ago

I like T & M's Value Seeds program - I just wish more seeds were available. They had pages and pages last year and this year there are now only 5. The value in Value Seeds is great. I really like their prices plus they provide excellent customer service. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

• lilacs_of_may
    16 years ago

I've ordered seeds from them. Some of the seeds germinated just fine. Others either didn't come up, or germinated and died soon after. It's a crapshoot.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES