Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zimberquattor

Trade Winds Fruit

zimberquattor
17 years ago

Wow! What a selection of uncommon tropical seeds and reasonable prices! I haven't finshed browsing yet but I had to share this seed vendor with my Garden Web friends. I'll post an update on their service after I get my order.

~Chandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Trade Winds Fuit Website

Comments (11)

• karyn1
    17 years ago

Trade Winds Fruit is a great place to get reasonably priced tropical seeds. I've had good germination rates with most everything that I've bought from them. The seeds that didn't germinate probably had more to do with me than the quality of the seeds.
    Karyn

• dbrya1
    17 years ago

I bought 3 palm varieties and one banana,back in November,got fast delivery,but not one seed has germinated for me.
    Put them thru the float test,and they all floated,so apparently not fresh seeds,but planted them anyway.
    Don

• karyn1
    17 years ago

I'm not entirely sure how reliable a float test is. I've had as many floaters as sinkers germinate for me.
    Karyn

• wanna_run_faster
    17 years ago

I've purchased numerous times from them. Some times they're a little slow, some times they mix up the order and send a wrong item and didn't correct it. All in all, a very reliable and very reasonably priced place to get a couple of seeds for next to nothing. Most things are around $2 for about 5-10 seeds which is plenty for my purposes! Germination is usually at least 50%, sometimes more. Definitely an honest site with some unusual stuff and that is why I go back again & again.

• honeybunny442
    16 years ago

I ordered a lot of citrus seeds and planted them the same day I received them. I'd say 90% or higher did not germinate, I won't order from them again.

• marilenav1
    15 years ago

This is an excellent company with above average germination results.

• nancyanne_2010
    13 years ago

The only seeds from them I had problems with were either my fault or the the seeds are known to have extremely low / slow germination rate. Most of the seeds exceed germination rate expected and germinate faster than expected. PLUS (at least now) have free shipping (u.s.) for orders over $7.50 . I buy regularly from them and they have always been super fast shipping.

• insipidtoast
    13 years ago

It's not a seed company's fault if seeds don't germinate. That's just nature. I bought $100 worth of various seeds from them. Most germinated well. Some types germinated moderately. Others not at all. However, I've had see grape seeds in a tray for about two months and just yesterday I noticed the first seedling. Overall, I'm satisfied with the results.

Lesson: Be very patient (It'll even say on some of the seed packets: "takes from 3-9 months to germinate" for certain plants.)

• Maschil
    11 years ago

i do love these guys and highly recommend them!

• parker25mv
    7 years ago

I had a good experience with them. The citrus tree was smaller than I was expecting but it had a few little fruits on it when it arrived! Shipping was very cheap too.

• HU-37012706639
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

So far my a good experience .evidently they arnt an honest company or they would have a way to contact them on there web site.

Orderd the Santa Claus melons seed planted it three different times with disastrous results. I have better germination rate from one I saved years ago. Almost every one of them comes up I plant. There's maybe 3 hills outa 15 come up if that.