Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer Hill Seeds

Posted by karyn1 MD 7 (bhkalen@aol.com) on
Fri, Jan 12, 07 at 19:37

SHS has some unusual varieties at great prices. Delivery is quick and extras have been included with both of my orders. I recently purchased the seeds and have yet to plant them but they look like nice, healthy seeds, firm with no broken pieces in the packs. I can't wait to get them in the garden.
Karyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer Hill Seeds

i like summer hill seeds, they let me know every step where i was in the process. processing order, packaging, shipping, shipped. in 3 days i had my order!! i am very very pleased with these people!! they sent a bonus pack and i was very pleased with that!! all my seeds look great!! i would highly recomend them!! i will definaltely order from them again!!

o

How was every one's germination rates? They have the kind of begonia seed I want and the shipping rate is reasonable.

o

germination rates are good. Begonia seed is tiny and PITA to start due to it. But they will. If you want to start them you should do it now under the lights.

o

Recently made my first purchase w/ Summer Hill. Prompt,healthy seeds in nice neat packages w/ growing info.Nice handwriten note on the invoice. Will be more than happy to order from this company again.

Peggy

o

I'll buy from them again! One of my favorite places to order from!

o

Summer Hill Seeds does have some interesting seed available. The packages contain very little seed although it is exactly what they state. If they state 10 seeds per pack, then that's what you get.

The pelleted seed I received last year arrived crushed. I order pelleted seed because I want to sow it in cells. I didn't order pelleted seed in 2009 anymore after I received the crushed seed.

The Begonia seed (and I tried twice) did not germinate at all. It was pelleted and crushed. For what it's worth, they are okay but I would rate Swallowtail Garden Seeds as a far superior company.

o

I've bought several times since my first post and have been satisfied with every purchase. I've never received any damaged seeds and have had excellent germination rates. With my most recent order I'd inquired about a seed that was out of stock wanting to know if she'd be getting anymore. She sent a note with my order indicating that she couldn't get the seeds but sent me some seeds that were in the same family as a bonus.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here