Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meadow36_gw

Park Seed?

meadow36
14 years ago

Anyone have any comments about Park Seed? I got several seed packets from them last fall - a type of canna, ponytail palm, stevia plant, and blanket flower. I have to say that I didn't have very good germination rates with any of them - however, I'm a beginner so I'm not sure if it's something I am doing wrong. I followed the directions for each plant specifically. I used the Park bio-dome for some of them, and tried my own soil mix (1 part peat, 1 part vermiculite, 1 part perlite) for the others. I have an indoor green house and flourescent lights. I've spent a lot of time on the seed starting forum and I don't think I'm doing anything terribly wrong, but maybe I am. It didn't seem to make a difference if I used the bio-dome or not. I got about 2-3 sprouts from each packet (some contained 10 seeds, some more) so a pretty icky germination rate. I was particulary disappointed with the pony tail palm, which only 1 of the 10 seeds germinated (and it isn't looking so hot).

So any other experiences with this seed company, or should I be looking elsewhere for the problem?

Thanks!

Comments (4)