Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbamaman_gw

ForestFarm

barbamaman
17 years ago

These folks have an extensive and interesting catalog (online or mailed out) of trees, shrubs, perennials and more. and they are THE BEST I've ever experienced when it comes to packing live plants for shipping. There is not a bruise or broken leaf. Everything I've gotten from them has lived and thrived.

Barb

Comments (15)

• galium
    17 years ago

I just ordered a catalog from them. Already making my wish list. They came highly recommended by a professional horticulturist friend.

• greenelbows1
    17 years ago

Not only have I been very pleased with them, but recommended them to some friends locally who were also extremely pleased.

• Mary Palmer
    17 years ago

I have ordered from these folks several times. Nice plants and packaged very very well. Love their catalog too!!!

• deshima
    17 years ago

Sometime the plants are smaller then expected but I think they are great, excellent coustomer service, just order early. They have stuff that can be had no place eles and they say they are a very small operation.

• karyn1
    17 years ago

I just got their cataloge in the mail. I thought that someone had sent me a book! They have an amazing selection. I'm glad to read that they have a good reputation.
    Karyn

• pitimpinai
    17 years ago

I am one of the few who begs to differ. I was a big customer for several years, but Forestfarms sent me 3 wrong plants and stubbornly insisted that they were the right plants: an 8ft Philadelphus vs a dwarf, a yellow Aster vs a Monch and a totally different conifer from a Picea arbies I wanted. I have not ordered any plants from there since. It's not worth the aggrevation and the exhorbitant shipping and handling.

• msbernard
    17 years ago

Their plant material has arrived in perfect condition. Their catalog and on-line service is remarkable. My one is the cost of postage. I guess they are only charging what the USPS is charging them. I live in Oregon and no matter how close the postage is the same. Hmmm... I do think they have greater costs for those customers furthur away. Being a customer I would like less of a cost because I could buy more plants. It's a rotten dirty cycle if you ask me. Sherry

• plantsnobin
    17 years ago

I rec'd my latest order from them this week. I think they are a good deal considering the number of plants they offer. Plants don't always look the best, but they are well packed and resonably priced. Shipping is high, but no higher than most other places, and I can get plants I wouldn't be able to otherwise.

• galium
    16 years ago

After perusing their catalog during the winter I placed a order for nine tubes. The plants arrived in excellent condition and extremely well packaged. They have an incredible selection of plant material. The plants in the tubes are small but I expected as much. I plan on ordering from them, again, in the future.

Here is a link that might be useful: Forestfarm

• ljrmiller
    16 years ago

I've had good luck with Forestfarm plants--although I've also killed my share of them. It's not Forestfarm's fault, though. I have this thing about trying to grow things that aren't hardy here (well, officially), or that don't necessarily do well in this climate because it's so dry. I can't blame Forestfarm for MY crazies.

• Maximum Destruction
    8 years ago

Yes this is the GO-TO company for those in the know. They package all their trees extremely well and have actually invented their own method. Not to say that packing trees/plants is hard, but you'd be surprised at how many stooges just toss a plant in a box and don't care to protect it from damage. Forest Farms has a great selection and astounding customer service. You can tell they actually care and they are in my home state, Oregon.

• catkinZ8a
    8 years ago

I've ordered many times in past years but the last couple of years there are way too many *Out of Stock* messages when I click on a plant I want--I mean many, many. IMO. Also, their website is very old fashioned. Please take your out of stock plants off or put them in one section. I've wasted so much time searching their database only to find yet another *Out of Stock* notice where the price for the plant would be.

The customer service and packing is good but many times they *have no idea* when a plant will be back in stock.

• danielleinspokane
    8 years ago

I have ordered from Forest Farm for over 15 years. I initially picked them because they offered several varieties of mock orange shrubs. They are a great company and I still order from them.

• Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
    5 years ago

Old thread, I hope they are still getting good reviews somewhere. I have ordered some plants. They shipped last Thursday (why on Earth before a weekend) and per the tracking number will not be here until next Thursday. I will update how the plants look.

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County