Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gringo_gw

eseeds.com - ripoff?

gringo
15 years ago

I ordered just two pkts. of seeds from this (British CO.?)

Back in January. I've sent them an email & received no reply. No seeds, either.

My total was over $13.00 after conversion from British POunds. The email I did get, stated the seed pkts. were to be shipped from within the USA & the other from Canada, But that was almost two months ago- charged to my card- in January.

Nothing received & no reply/

Should I let my Credit Card Co. know about this, to remove the charges?

Or am I a fool, & ESeed.com an internet seed supplier hoax?

gringo

Comments (8)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    15 years ago

I have no idea about this company BUT I would let your credit card company know RIGHT AWAY, in case there is a time limitation on complaints. My card company will call the company and see what's up if I every have problems. Perhaps yours will do that as well.

• marilenav1
    15 years ago

Eseeds.com is a seed distributor based out of Vancouver, British Columbia. They have a reputation for not sending seed and answering requests. I hope you do receive the seed. I did not have a good experience with them but this was about 8 years ago.

• gringo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I disputed the charges made to my credit card, signed papers at the Credit Union & now I have to wait almost two weeks, for a new card (to be re-issued.)
    Apparently there is a cut-off date, for notification, but didn't ask what it is.
    I just figured it had to be at least something like 30 days afterwards, before even trying to recoup my money.
    I gave them plenty of ample time, to do something.
    Still, nothing. No seeds, nor any response, even at this late date.

• susana_2006
    15 years ago

I had a very similar experience. It was a small amount of money -- maybe $5.00. But I got no seeds & no replies -- I never could find an actualy address. My Visa person said to send them copies of the e-mails I had sent & then they credited by account . I was really disapointed because I wanted the seeds which were o sale.
    Good luck
    Susan

• marlingardener
    15 years ago

I just checked the Garden Watchdog, and eseeds.com has 7 positive ratings, 4 neutral, and 18 negative, mostly referring to non-shipment of seeds. It would seem this is a company to avoid.

• jadegreen_17372
    15 years ago

They ripped me off 8 years ago, I am surprised that they are still in business. What a hokey company.

• jones_87
    14 years ago

I ordered 2 packs of seeds from them one month ago. I send them mails and wondering if the seeds are shipped or not. They don't respond and I guess im ripped of too. The site looks genuine and grandma-friendly, but this is pure scam.

It's even frustrating to pay a little amount for two packs of seeds and get ripped of..

What can we do to stop sites like this? Sue them?

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Ordered 4 pkts in November. A month later I emailed twice to tell them the seeds hadn't arrived yet (no reply). They came just after Christmas. I probably won't order from them again because of their lack of communication.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living