Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancinglemons

Cottage Farms - QVC be careful

dancinglemons
16 years ago

Hello,

I have purchased (2006)several collections of lily bulbs from QVC's vendor Cottage Farms - not a one of them grew. Did not even sprout. I called in 2007 and they sent me a replacement for all of them. The replacement bulbs were DOA - not a one grew. The bulbs are not top quality.

I also ordered bulbs from QVC's other vendor Roberta's. All of these bulbs were large healthy bulbs and each one grew the first year and all came back in 2007.

I was new to bulb growing but I can read and followed the instructions exactly still the Cottage Farms bulbs did not grow.

I visited my local garden center this past fall and was able to see what a top quality bulb really looks like. The Roberta's bulbs were good but the bulbs I was able to purchase locally were 10X better.

Just a FYI here. The price QVC gives you may be higher and the quality lower than you can get locally.

DL

Comments (12)

• womanhead
    16 years ago

I bought from Cottage Farms as well. Nothing grew. Nothing. The good news was QVC backed it up and gave me a complete refund. I have never had problems with QVC and have been buying from them since they came on the air. But Cottage farms was a miserable mess for me. I did get my money back, but was out my time and labor, not to mention my growing season. Lauren

• jackaydu
    16 years ago

I also purchased from Cottage Farms and it was truly a miserable experience. Most of the plants were so small that they died before planting or as soon as planted. One in particular the, allamenda which cost appox $21.00, was a disgrace. I was appox 3" in hgt and the width of a toothpick. Purchased from Lowes for less cost and it was beautiful.

• capemaimie_comcast_net
    13 years ago

Oy! I just planted 3 hydrangeas & 6 scabiosa from CF. The soil for all has been admended to the hilt! I will keep you informed but 2 of the Hydrangeas were just planted yesterday. The rest of order last week. So far so good in that they are still alive. One scabiosa is already blooming. I live on Cape Cod & was nervous about planting any of them this early but I thought, "Well they wouldn't have sent them if I shouldn't plant now."

• Freshkapa_comcast_net
    12 years ago

Bought day Lilly collection they're doing well somewhat smaller than antcipated but I've found bulbs to do better in subsequent years,but I am pleased with them since everything purchased at Lowes has been a terrible dissapointment.kept
    all my receipts but I'd have to dig up every bulb,corm and tree and have the packaging.also purchased a double hibiscus from QVC foliage doing well but not flowering yet, anyone having good results with this.if does not do well will have to test their return policy,keeping hopeful,

• pmc411
    8 years ago

I got panies from cottage farms never again.They are small and hardley any blooms.I got panies from home depot and they are big and so healthly.For the cost they were a bad buy.

• Marvin Zalmon
    7 years ago

the customer service is grreat, and so were the ten orders, of differt plants. if you plant them the way it states, you will have great flowers like i have.

• Pat Van Wagoner
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Ordered from them . plants were dead. Called qvc for anew order. Never came so I cancelled and got a refund. Never again,too late to plant

• Fran Macmullett
    7 years ago

I order from cottage Farms and everything dead they sent new plants well there dead too. Now what I'm screwed...

• enjay2014
    7 years ago

I want to share my bare root rose trees experience I ordered from Cottage farms direct. My story though turned out to be a good one. First off i purchased these roses before reading a lot of the negative reviews of this vendor. i was blinded by the great deal they have just this past June. The reviews really made me so worried, i was expecting the worse to happened. I did what i could though by calling UPS days beforehand that i want to pick up my package for fear of getting them toasted in their hot delivery van on the first days of summer. I picked up the package on June 23, 2016 in the AM & potted them right away when i got home. See the progression in the pictures, just so happy to see them come alive this week after about 20 days. The last photo is taken today July 17.

So now, time to fight the fungus & other rose's pest.

• enjay2014
    7 years ago

Heres one of iceberg rose trees 2 and a half months later. These blooms are the second one this summer. Too bad the 2 trees dont bloom at the same time. The baking soda & vinegar solution helped a lot control the fungus infection. The worms I have to kill myself, theres always plenty of them. I just cant find organic way to get rid of them.

• HU-525655229
    2 years ago

I have found the same to be true at QVC. I would never order plants from them again.