Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

American Meadows

I just found a very wrong listing in their on-line catalog.

They have Fern Leaf Peony listed for $7.95, when it is not actually the costly Fern Leaf...Paeonia tenuifolia, but instead the much cheaper and more common Paeonia officinalis Rubra Plena.

I have written to inform them of their 'error' in their listing and will update with their reply.

I'm so glad I did not order and end up an actual disappointed customer.

Sue

Comments (10)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The 'President' himself quickly replied and thanked me for bringing it to their attention, and is sending me a Thank You Gift Certificate.

I see the on line catalog has already been updated to the correct information. That was quick!

They have many things on sale 50% off now and show that many bulbs will be going on sale in May as well!

I'm off to shop for some purdy great bargains with the certificate.

Sue

• whatcheer
    17 years ago

I have ordered from this company for about 3 years. I always get large healthy plants. I order from them almost exclusively now.

• honeybunny442
    16 years ago

I had a bad experience ordering from them the first time, but since then have nothing but praise! Great big bulbs and healthy. Plus, they sometimes throw in an extra, which I always like!

• roxy_girl
    13 years ago

I just received my first order from American Meadows today and it was HORRIBLE! BUYER BEWARE!!! I had to make 3 subs on this one order alone and then was shipped the most sickly/ugly/brown/dry/DEAD plants I've ever gotten from a mail order company!!!!! I for one will NOT be a return buyer from this company EVER! Annie's order is on the left and AM order is on the left...which order would you rather receive? I spent about $90 on each order, needless to say I got RIPPED OFF!

• roxy_girl
    13 years ago

Well American Meadows did offer me a full refund, no questions asked. So I'll give them that but that's about all I'll give em! Lesson learned!

• starrattl_bellsouth_net
    13 years ago

I've been a consistently HAPPY customer of American Meadows for 2 years, every season I order something. I've just planted over 150 bulbs of many varieties and am more than pleased, also was shipped a few extra bulbs in each bag. The bulbs are beautiful and healthy. I will remain a customer of American Meadows as long as I'm gardening, which will be always.

• MikeLizotte
    12 years ago

Thanks to all for their American Meadows reviews! At American Meadows we welcome your reviews, testimonials and feedback of both our gardening products and our service. We strive to satisfy every customer and as some of the reviews below indicate, everything thing we sell comes with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. American Meadows appreciates you taking the time to provide your feedback. Happy Gardening! Sincerely, your friends at American Meadows.

• WebChemist
    10 years ago

I ordered a Kiwi Gold Raspberry cane earlier this year. Being a dormant cane it didn't have any leaves but I was pleasantly surprised how well it was packaged for shipment, and that it included soil instead of news paper or hamster shavings that roots sometimes get packed in.

One of the customer reps warned me via email ahead of time that I would not be covered by the 100% satisfaction guarantee since the plant was zone 4-8 and I'm in 10, but so far it seems quite happy and is thriving quite nicely. I was a little annoyed her warning delayed my order shipping but I did appreciate the notice and the option to cancel.

I would definitely consider ordering again if they expanded their live plant selection to include more fruit cultivars I'd be interested in growing.

• ceci1628
    9 years ago

I've been happy with American Meadows as well. I always wait for the sale prices on the spring perennials and sometimes they have the buy one get one free special on top of that. Bare root plants but nice and big. My itoh peonies are blooming this year!

• applegrady
    6 years ago

I have placed several orders from American Meadows over the last few years and have received half dead, minuscule sized plants in many cases. I have given many of them a chance to grow despite the poor quality and in all cases they have not survived. I have had better luck with iris bulbs but not all have arrived in good growing condition. I have taken the company up on there 100% guarantee and fought for a credit. I just placed a new order for some additional bulbs and they have refused to honor my order providing a ridiculous excuse that my purchase history shows that these bulbs are not suited for me. No--my order is not suited for them because they had to meet the promise of their guarantee and refund the cost of my purchase. American Meadows is a sketchy company at best. Their plants are not as described and their guarantee is worthless. Gardeners beware!