Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Meadows

Posted by chemocurl zone 5/6 S IN (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 5:49

I just found a very wrong listing in their on-line catalog.

They have Fern Leaf Peony listed for $7.95, when it is not actually the costly Fern Leaf...Paeonia tenuifolia, but instead the much cheaper and more common Paeonia officinalis Rubra Plena.

I have written to inform them of their 'error' in their listing and will update with their reply.

I'm so glad I did not order and end up an actual disappointed customer.

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Received a wonderful quick reply from American Meadows

The 'President' himself quickly replied and thanked me for bringing it to their attention, and is sending me a Thank You Gift Certificate.

I see the on line catalog has already been updated to the correct information. That was quick!

They have many things on sale 50% off now and show that many bulbs will be going on sale in May as well!

I'm off to shop for some purdy great bargains with the certificate.

Sue

o
RE: American Meadows

I have ordered from this company for about 3 years. I always get large healthy plants. I order from them almost exclusively now.

o

I had a bad experience ordering from them the first time, but since then have nothing but praise! Great big bulbs and healthy. Plus, they sometimes throw in an extra, which I always like!

o

I just received my first order from American Meadows today and it was HORRIBLE! BUYER BEWARE!!! I had to make 3 subs on this one order alone and then was shipped the most sickly/ugly/brown/dry/DEAD plants I've ever gotten from a mail order company!!!!! I for one will NOT be a return buyer from this company EVER! Annie's order is on the left and AM order is on the left...which order would you rather receive? I spent about $90 on each order, needless to say I got RIPPED OFF! Photobucket

o

Well American Meadows did offer me a full refund, no questions asked. So I'll give them that but that's about all I'll give em! Lesson learned!

o

I've been a consistently HAPPY customer of American Meadows for 2 years, every season I order something. I've just planted over 150 bulbs of many varieties and am more than pleased, also was shipped a few extra bulbs in each bag. The bulbs are beautiful and healthy. I will remain a customer of American Meadows as long as I'm gardening, which will be always.

o

Thanks to all for their American Meadows reviews! At American Meadows we welcome your reviews, testimonials and feedback of both our gardening products and our service. We strive to satisfy every customer and as some of the reviews below indicate, everything thing we sell comes with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. American Meadows appreciates you taking the time to provide your feedback. Happy Gardening! Sincerely, your friends at American Meadows.

o

I ordered a Kiwi Gold Raspberry cane earlier this year. Being a dormant cane it didn't have any leaves but I was pleasantly surprised how well it was packaged for shipment, and that it included soil instead of news paper or hamster shavings that roots sometimes get packed in.

One of the customer reps warned me via email ahead of time that I would not be covered by the 100% satisfaction guarantee since the plant was zone 4-8 and I'm in 10, but so far it seems quite happy and is thriving quite nicely. I was a little annoyed her warning delayed my order shipping but I did appreciate the notice and the option to cancel.

I would definitely consider ordering again if they expanded their live plant selection to include more fruit cultivars I'd be interested in growing.

o

I've been happy with American Meadows as well. I always wait for the sale prices on the spring perennials and sometimes they have the buy one get one free special on top of that. Bare root plants but nice and big. My itoh peonies are blooming this year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here