Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ceterum

Palatine roses

ceterum
17 years ago

I just want to introduce a rose vendor that is new in the US market but already proved to be among the best.

Palatine roses sent me the very best bare root roses I have ever received from any vendor in the last 10+ years. They also carry certain new varieties that are not available from anyone else.

Comments (5)

• the_morden_man
    17 years ago

I will second Ceterum's acknowledgement on the quality of Palatine's bareroots. I will further add that this family owned and operated business is a true pleasure to conduct business with. They are immensely accomodating, friendly and knowledgeable about the roses they grow.

The size of the Palatine bare-roots, the quality of the canes and the general garden performance truly exceeded any other rose vendor I have dealt with to date. Although their selection is still somewhat limited and has a definite predominance of Kordes bred varities, they now ship to the US and I believe them to be the best source of grafted roses on multi-flora that you will find in Canada and likely North America.

I have been a long-time customer of Pickering nurseries and still believe they have excellent bare-root roses and a fanastic selection, but that their customer service skills have been lacking in recent years. Although I have not experienced it directly, many have complained about inferior quality plants since they moved from Pickering to a new location in Port Hope. They still deserve the excellent international reputation they carry in the industry, but here is to hoping they correct some of their recent deficencies.

In either case, Palatine roses is a source that should be tried and will provide you with a more than viable alternative to excellent roses grafted on multiflora.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

And I'll add a third. They shipped the largest bareroots I have ever received, and now, just two months after potting them up, they are starting to bloom. One, Rosenstadt Freising, even has a basal break! I have NEVER had a rose in its first year in my garden have a badal break! Great stuff. If your soil can handle multiflora rootstock, you need to order from these folks!

• mysteryrose
    16 years ago

My Kordes and Austin roses from Palatine arrived in excellent condition and hit the ground running, as they say. Their plants are the size and quality of the best American vendors (IMHO), ARE, Roses Unlimited, and Amity Heritage.

• well_rooted
    14 years ago

I was about to add Palatine to this list, but I see someone else has already started a thread.

I have received two orders from them and am absolutely THRILLED with both the size of the plants and the results in the first year. Great customer service too!

• karenforroses
    13 years ago

This is an AWESOME nursery! Every rose I've ever ordered from them has arrived with huge roots and has quickly settled into my garden and thrived.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022