Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krazyaroider

Wayside Gardens

krazyaroider
16 years ago

I have to say something regarding the prices of this nursery. I have coveted the 'Summer Chocolate' Mimosa AKA Albizia julibrissin ever since it appeared in their catalog. The $149.95 price tag has been the reason for not buying the tree from them.

so...

I researched and researched using my search engine and found that other mail and non mail order nurseries have this tree that Hines Horticulture holds the patent and distributing rights to.

I have ended up purchasing this tree from a reliable nursery and while waiting for this nursery to respond, I successfully bid on one on ebay. The one on ebay is sold by a nursery from Florida and I have reason to believe that this deal is OK.

I know that this tree will grow in my area as I have started some from a green Albizia that grows in the Buffalo, NY area.

I have bought the seeds (2 sources) and out of 40 seeds, only 2 have grown and the leaves are slightly darker than the green form that I have grown from seed - possibly this is age related? The young trees are awaiting spring in my fruitcellar.

Comments (3)