Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galium_gw

Oakes Daylilies

galium
17 years ago

I ordered from Oakes for the first time this year. I was amazed at the number of fans I received. Each daylily had at least 4-5 fans. I also received 2 free daylilies. All were in excellent condition. I will, most certainly, order from them again. I was very pleased.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oakes Daylilies

Comments (7)

• gdionelli
    17 years ago

I think Oakes is one of the best sources for gardeners who are not hard-core daylily collectors but want large healthy plants of tried & true varieties. It is not the place to go for the latest in hybridization, but they really do send the biggest plants.

Their customer service is great, too. Last year I decided I wanted to identify all the daylilies I had purchased over the years, some of which I had lost the tags to. I wrote them, and they were able to tell me everything I had bought from them 6-8 years ago!

• gotroses
    16 years ago

They always send huge healthy plants.

• orchids41
    16 years ago

Being a South Florida transplant myself, I didn't know much about daylilies when I placed an order with Oakes last year. They were very helpful by guiding me to choose evergreen and/or semi-evergreen varieties that would perform well in Central Florida. The plants were *large*, and I had a nice show of flowers that first summer. They continue to do well, and I wouldn't hesitate to order from Oakes again.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

This place is wonderful when it comes to lilies. I have ordered from them several times and each time the lilies each had five or six fans. Have also visited them for the festival twice and it was great. If you live anywhere near Corryton Tenn. you need to visit them. Their customer service is also great. They are extremely friendly people.

• Sowth Efrikan
    15 years ago

I previously ordered from Wild, and after seeing a photo of the size of plants on the Oakes website, ordered from them. Imagine my surprise when the plants that arrived were small. I did, however, get four fans comprising each "plant" and a bonus of equal size. I was a bit disappointed as I passed over a sale on those very daylilies at Wilds to buy what I thought would be big, more expensive plants from Oakes - I'm not that patient a gardener and prefer having big impact quickly, rather than letting something grow for years before seeing results. That said, all the plants have taken off and are growing beautifully. Honestly, I'm undecided on whether or not to buy from this company again. If I do, it will probably be during a sale and with lower expectations.

• vvesper
    14 years ago

I have generally gotten very large plants from Oakes. I will say that size varies somewhat with the cultivar. For one, some plants just have bigger fans than others, and for another, some probably increase faster than others, thus they are able to send more fans. I have gotten anywhere from 4 to 8 fans on individual plants. Plus they always send bonus plants.

• wridesigns_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

I buy from many sources, none are better than Oakes.