Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anoid1

J.L. Hudson Seedsman, my secret weapon

anoid1
15 years ago

This site or paper catalogue is nothing short of amazing! I get a paper catalogue every ten years or so just for reference ( they're free and I want to keep it that way and keep his costs down) then use his web site for up-dates, quick finds. Seeds from all four corners of the world. Vegetables, trees, flowers, tobacco, some tubers. To give an idea, I have been looking for plants of Marrubium Vulgarea ( white horehound), Artemisea Vulgaris (mugwart), Monarda punctata ( spotted bee balm), and Glycyrrhiza Lepidota ( wild American liquorice) for a year now. I have come across a couple of places with one or another in seed, but no place with all. So I said to myself, "Self" if I have to grow from seed, why not try Hudson! Well he has all of them, and they're $2-$2.50 a pack. The packs come with instructions on them. I grew tobacco from him one year, in Maine! Had leaves 4 ft. long on them. Filled 1/4 of my barn attic with hanging leaf from a dozen plant. If nothing else the catalogue as a reference tool (drool, drool, oh I wish I was in zone 8) is worth the effort.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida