Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wishfulgarden

Good vendor for seed?

wishfulgarden
15 years ago

Can anyone suggest a good, reliable vendor with a healthy selection for seeds? I've been using Park Seed, but there are so many negative reviews I'm wondering if I might do better elsewhere?

Comments (11)

• mbuckmaster
    15 years ago

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds will make you cry with happiness! They are fast, accurate, have a great selection (some hard-to-find seeds too), reasonably priced, and even threw in a free pack of seeds. Love them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

• marlingardener
    15 years ago

Ditto for Baker Creek as a source for seeds. We have also had very good luck with PineTree Seeds (superseeds.com). They have a great selection, good service, reasonable shipping charges and send your order in a very timely manner. We have never had a problem with Parks, but their shipping is a little high in our opinion.

• marilenav1
    15 years ago

There are many good seed companies. I have not tried Baker Seed but I have tried Swallowtail Seeds. They have an excellent selection of vegetable and annual seed and a good selection of perennials.

• fayeraven
    15 years ago

I just visited The Baker website. Great variety of veggies. Limited for flowers BUT packs are very resonable priced (tho small seed count) BUT shipping is only $3. Now they have my heart!

• hiddenjungle
    15 years ago

This is probably a little late, this could be next years place to buy, ive ordered off of water sun together with great results, they are like the ones you get from the store, i ordered them in...march april, this year, and if you buy 10+ packets of seed you get free shipping. Also theres and ebay seller, winchestergarden, they dont have all the seed types in the world, but there worth what you pay for, they do combined shipping and that would be the best place to get your seed in my opinion although there is a limited number of varieties so you might not find what your looking for.

HERES THE WEBSITES AND OR PLACE TO GO

WINCHESTERGARDNEN
    http://myworld.ebay.com/winchestergarden/

WATERSUNTOGETHER.COM

Hope this helps for next year

• phill173
    15 years ago

I love Select Seeds! They have a huge selection of unusual annuals though they are not inexpensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Select Seeds and Heirloom Flowers

• mysteryrose
    15 years ago

I've had excellent germination rates from Stokes Seed and from Chiltern Seed.

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I'm going to bump this because it's that season when many of us start thumbing through catalogs.
    I highly recommend Baker Creek Seeds. (rareseeds.com) I have ordered from them many times. I typically get seeds from them within a week. I have had only one "problem" (the free seeds they gave me were duplicates and I asked them not to send another batch, lol, so they sent three packages of different free seeds, wow!) and their customer service was phenomenal.
    Heirloomseeds is also fantastic. I've only ordered from them once, but I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
    Tomatofest.com is great. I've heard mixed reviews about them, but I had a great experience. They even included a handwritten note in the package. I was astounded.

• ninamarie
    15 years ago

For perennials, try Gardens North (http://gardensnorth.com/site/). I have been ordering from them for over 10 years, and am very pleased. It's a great company. I have been introduced to so many rare and unusual perennials over the years by them. Good service, good information and good seeds.
    Their new catalogue is not yet online, but that doesn't stop me from going back frequently.

• nancy_drew
    15 years ago

Value Seed is a company owned by T&M. It's their discount house for seed over-stock. All seed is 99 cents or less, all seed comes in foil packs for freshness. Shipping is $1.99 for all orders. I would go their first. The downside with this company is orders usually take about 2 weeks to arrive. The upside is price and quality.

Here is a link that might be useful: Value Seed

• nancy_drew
    15 years ago

T's Flowers and Things is another very reliable vendor. All seeds are $1.00 and shipping is reasonable. She also sells plant starts for a very reasonable price. They are very small, first year plants for $3.50 each.

Here is a link that might be useful: T's Flowers and Things

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County