Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njm121

Say bye bye to Ty Ty Nursery

njm121
16 years ago

I was lied to, cheated and ripped off by TY TY Nursery; Avoid them and their many aliases (listed them below)

I am @ the point where I am not going to buy anything from GA which is unfortunate because I'm sure there are honest Nurseries in GA but since the state keeps giving this thief so many aliases. Heres what happened.

I called TY TY Nursery On March 5th 2007 and asked the owner what type of blueberry plants he recommends for a greenhouse in my area of New York that would produce blueberries this year. He told me Tiftblue,climax and Briteblue would grow well together in a greenhouse in my area of the country. When the plants were delivered the climax and the tiftblue arrived dead no leaves and brittle. I called and was told to plant them and give them plenty of water and sun and they will come back in three weeks. I called a month later and was told to fill out a replacement form and would be contacted in 3 weeks. A month later I get a post card stating that the plants can not be replaced because the plants died outside of the zone recommended in the catalog. When I called and spoke to the owner he told me that there was nothing he could do since they were delivered outside the zone the warranty was void.

I wrote the BBB and recomend everyone do the same whom were ripped off by these thieves.

The Nursery at TyTy also does business as:

Blackberry Plant Nursery

African Amaryllis Bulb Nursery

Apple Tree Nursery

Bunch and Seedless Grape Vine Nursery

Pecan Tree Nursery

Tree Nursery

Aaron's Bulb Farm(part & parcel of TyTy) also does business as:

Aaron's Amaryllis & Canna Bulb Farm Nursery

Arron's Flower, Tree, and Shrub Nursery

Arron's Nursery with other listings

Aaron's Bamboo Nursery

Aaron's Daffodil Nursery

Aaron's Leucojum, Tuberose, and Eucomis Nursery

Aaron's Allium Nursery

Aaron's Clivia Nursery

Aaron's Agapanthus Nursery

Aaron's Elephant Ear Nursery

Aaron's Ariod Nursery

Aaron's Iris Nursery

Aaron's Ginger Lily Nursery

Aaron's Hymenocallis Nursery

Aaron's Crinum Lily Nursery

Aaron's Banana Tree Nursery

Aaron's Perennial Nursery

Arron's Fruit Nursery

Apple Tree Nursery

Blackberry Nursery

Blueberry Nursery

Fig Tree Nursery

Grape Vine Nursery

Pecan Tree Nursery

Peach Tree Nursery

Persimmon Tree Nursery

Plum Tree Nursery

Citrus Tree Nursery

Pear Tree Nurser

Comments (76)

• wedgeworthp_comcast_net
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Didn't read these reviews until TOO LATE! I ordered from Ty Ty. After reading so many bad reviews of the company, I called back immediately to cancel. I was told ok, but in reality, my order was processed. When I noticed the charge to my credit card, I called back, but was told that a mistake had been made and the plants had already been shipped. There was nothing that could be done. Please be warned everyone.

• kim151045_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I read an ad of Tyty nursery selling 3 G Desert Rose plant for $19.00 each. If you buy 10 of them, you will get free shippining . It sounds good . On December 27, 2010 I placed an order of 10 Desert Rose (adenium) (the 3 G size plant) . Guess what ? In March 2011 they shipped the items to me . When I opened the package, i almost passed out because the 3 G size plants I supposed to receive were only 4" seedlings that I can buy $2.00 each in a Houston Nursery on Bellaire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG !!!!!! They are thieves . YES TYTY Nursery is definitely a dishonest company . Please never buy anything from them

• wedgeworthp_comcast_net
    13 years ago

Well, my plants arrived today. I had ordered 4-3 gallon plants. They came in a tiny box. I thought that they were coming in dirt since that is how they were pictured. I researched, and found the same plants in real 3 gallons containers of dirt $15 a plant cheaper. Ty Ty advertised free shipping, so I realized that they inflated the price for the plants and gave free shipping.

• wavelin_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

My!! I wish I research and read this one before I placed order last week. Now I'm one of the victoms. :(

I placed order by phone for 4 of '3 year old' Muscadine grape plants. Got the plants today. They are merely twig that's newly rooted. There are hand-writtened tags on them marking '3 yr muscadine' with variety names. I was speechless and in disbelief! I have been growing grapes and muscadine grapes for 10 years and know how '3 year old' grapes should look like. This is totally cheating on the costomers! I was very disappointed at first and now pissed off after reading this thread, knowing this isn't the first time they do wrong to costumers. I'll definitely do some research and see what I can do next. Those people need to be punished for what they did.

I only have one question: why are they still in business??

• wetsuiter
    13 years ago

Glad I read this post. Was considering a palm order. Thank you all for your comments.

• rice_timothy01_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Thanks for the input! Johnson's nursery is sold out at the moment, I'll have to drive up there from W.Ga to check them out this fall... I plan to purchase from locals and pick up myself. Think this might be the safest bet!
    Tim

• billy_bob_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Ha ha! I sit here laughing my butt off because of you goofy people. How about using the Internet to your advantage and research something before purchasing it instead of using it as a place to complain afterwards. Thanks for the advice!

• fcoats49_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Ordered 2 shumard oaks, 1 weeping willow, and 1 river birch from Ty Ty in February 2011. Received trees and planted them within 3 days. All but the River Brich have lived. River Birch and Weeping willow looked good. 2 Shumard Oaks looked like the tops were broken off to get to fit in box.
    Ordered 2 figs, 2 apples, and Ginko from Aaron's at the same time. These trees were not all listed at either nursery web page. Ginko looked like top was cut out and as of 4/29/11 it has just begun to show leaves. Tops apper to have been cut out of apples also, but they at least have good leaves and appear to be growing. Figs still have only buds, they are green and I hope they will make it.
    Will not order from them again and return policy is a joke. I am better off to just find a replacement vendor.

• rlewis621_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I had the misfortune of ordering from Ty Ty nursery. I would have done much better from a local nursery. The plants arrived as promised, but they were SMALL and damaged. I don't have the time or the patients to deal with them. I'll just say BEWARE to anyone who's interested in buying from them. In this case ....... you DONT get what you pay for. If you like Poor quality and half dead plants...... this is the place to go. I hope this SAves someone from my error...... Good luck to all

• stacey_kc_rr_com
    12 years ago

They are bad...yet they dominate Google search. Google can organize the web but must prioritize a company with so many different names all leading to top ranks for any plant you type it is hard to find an alternative in organic search. Anyway I bought meyer lemon trees and all turned out to be lime. I asked for a replacement and they said to fill out the form. The form is there way to say "stick it to where the sun don't shine". No response.

• wvguy39_me_com
    12 years ago

I bought 4 Water Tupelo trees. They were sent to a friend. The trees were planted but were dead. Ty Ty said I had to send in a request for replacement with the receipt. My friend threw the receipt out when he received the trees. They have all the data they need in their data base but refuse to replace the trees.

I recommend that no one buy from TY TY.

• Gedcom
    12 years ago

I wish, like many, I had done a little more research. My dear husband called up TyTy and ordered a 6-7' Peter's Honey Fig...and he was told it should do fine in our area. It was promptly charged to our account. It would be shipped later since Spring was coming and they do not ship trees that are leafed. That Fall--no tree even though when called, they said it would be shipped soon. Middle of winter--still no tree. After several calls, we were told to wait for better weather in our area. After a year, and still no tree, we were told we never had an order. I waded through over a year's worth of charges to find TyTy, my husband searched for Emails over a year old...and only upon a very nasty phone call did our tree get shipped. The top was cut to fit the 5'x8" UPS shipping box (UPS charges extra for anything over 5'). So much for our 6-7 foot tree. The roots were cut badly for transporting. The poor thing struggled the next year because of the root damage, but we did managed to get it to grow. However, because of the weakened state, it did not winter over. Now, TyTy has a rider saying they will not guarantee anything out of zone, and they list Peter's Fig out of our zone--EVEN THOUGH the man said it should do well. Plus, they want us to pay for freight both ways???? for a fig they will top off and ship in a small box??? How will a 6-7 foot tree live with 8" of root. NEVER, ever order from TyTy.

• cmrngrn_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I was actually SERVED by a complaint through Federal Court about a post I had made about this company. I thought that because SO MANY PEOPLE have been taken for a ride that I would do some research...I won't go into details, but I repeated something that I believe 99.9% is true and was legitimately sued... Luckily I own nothing, but I was able to forward the addresses of the nasty websites to the LAWYER that the owner of TyTy has retained in Atlanta. I told him to please point me in the direction of the "Boner Tree". Yes, there is a "Boner Dance" for the Amorphophallus on the Ty Ty site. I have never, will never and would die before I ever buy from that company. If you can look at those videos and order, you should have no recourse. They are despicable.

• itlasvegasnv765_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I purchased trees and raspberry plants from Ty Ty in August via phone and paid via CC, with the shipment due in October. They arrived in December, coming April, the plants did not green up and were dead. I returned the dead plants back to the nursery. I received a post card back that I will not receive the plants replaced because I need a copy of the order form. Because I ordered via phone, I did not receive an order form, nor was an order form attached to the package. This is a rip off. After repeated calling, no one answered the phone or I was hung up.

Anyone near TyTy who could represent me in a small claims court, I would be greatful. Please send me an email and I will file in my state.

• Wycliffec
    12 years ago

I'm a native Georgian living out here in Utah. Wanted to relive my youth and have a slice of the south out here and grow some scuppernongs.
    I should have known from the moment I spoke to them. Very unprofessional, with flippant answers given to my questions.
    I asked if ordering in late April was too late. Another nursery (in GA) wouldn't sell to me b/c they thought it was too late in the season. TyTy gave me reassurance, e.g. a bunch of "Yep's". And implied the other nursery didn't know what they were talking about.
    Plants arrived, I must admit, they were well packed for shipping. I immediately, within minutes, potted them, and tended to them as if they were the last of their species. I did pause and wonder how come these vines had no growth on them?? I grew up in Georgia and know for a fact EVERYTHING has growth on it by late April. Almost wondered if the leaves/buds had been removed....
    Two months later... not a single leaf, bud or anything in the green hue. A month later they were too brown and dry for kindling.
    Given the runaround, with obviously no chance of recouping anything of value.
    I didn't trust my gut instinct. Their videos were unprofessional (as someone above stated "bordering on creepy") and their customer service was discourteous at best.
    I'm the idiot and one to blame here.
    Obviously nothing more than some flunky kids on their dad's land trying to make a quick buck.

• vitma
    12 years ago

I called them today about an order and the guy on the other side was, as another person above wrote, "half asleep or had an ATTITUDE". The best part was that he just hang up on me!

Strange nursery...well, not the only one...

• GrowThisJake
    12 years ago

I would first like to start off by saying my response to this blog will be neutrl, not taking TY TYs side. The first time I ever ordered from Arrons Nursery was in the spring of 2010 and I later ordered with Ty Ty in the spring of 2011 and my third time ordering with Ty Ty was September 2011. My first order consisted of cold hardy windmill palm trees and pindo trees which grew and established roots really quick, so I basically had no problems at all. My second order consisted of a Russian Pomegranate tree, Nectarine Tree, and Guava Tree, and Bamboo which all grew leaves quite fast and had no problems.The nectarine tree eventually died, but I believe that was because rabbits kept on eating the new growth and finally a fungus took over and killed it. Basically, I had no problems with any of my trees. Now my most recent order was on September 19, 2011 and it did indicate fall shipping, but I did not receive any of the trees until December 22, 2011 (In the dead of winter), mind you I live in New Jersey. My order consisted of 2 peach trees, 2 plum trees, 2 grape vines, 1 nectarine, 1 pear tree. Of all of these, only the pear tree survived and it suprisingly it has grown pretty fast. I understand many of you were shocked to recieve your trees or shrubs with no leaves, but honestly that is how it is when you buy dormant trees. Dormant trees must be shipped with no foliage or else it will stress the tree out and the reason why the tree prices are so cheap is because it is bear root, if you want them in pots you will pay for the weight of the dirt as well. Only citrus trees will be shipped with leaves on them because they do not go dormant. I have hypothesized that the reason most of my trees did not survive was due to them being shipped to me in December and the ground was already frozen, ideally I wanted to plant them in October or Novemeber the latest but due to getting a mild winter in 2011 they were unable to ship the trees until december. In October, I had planted some cold hardy Orange trees outside which suprisingly go dormant in the winter. I should of planted the cold hardy orange trees earlier in the summer so they could establish a good root system to survive the winter cold so my decision to plant them so late meant a 50/50 survival chance. (I did not buy the cold hardy orange trees from ty ty though, actually got them from a nursery in South Carolina). Anyways, your probably wondering why I even brought up the orange trees, well the reason is because the orange trees survived the winter, yet the nectarine, plum and peach trees which are rated as Zone 5 plants did not survive. I didn't want to "jump the gun' and blame Ty Ty for bad plants because there could of be so many confounding variables such as planting them in December. To really see if it was their trees, I placed an order on March 19, 2012. My order was for a Russian Pomegranate, 1 plum tree and 1 apricot tree. My trees arived during the first week of April and I planted them the same day as delivery and in the same method I plant all my trees. Its currently April 21, 2012 and all three of them are sprouting leaves and doing really well. I have come to the conclusion that its probably not the quality of the trees, but rather the time of year you plan to plant them in the ground. I called and spoke to a couple representatives at Ty Ty about my previous order and they told me they probably did not make the winter due to being shipped out to me so late in december but that is not their fault because of the mild winter we got. They said I would have to file and mail them a refund form but I would have to wait till Fall of 2012 to even be considered for a refund and it takes about 3 weeks to approve/deny your request. I dislike the fact I have to wait almost a whole year to receive new plants, but they gave me the option to pay the differece for older trees since I am missing out on a whole spring/summer growing season. Hopefully all goes well.

Just a few tips, when planting new plants try to avoid using new dirt, try to get the tree to establish in its natural environment or if planting in the spring, you can do 2/4 natural dirt mixed with 1/4 sand and 1/4 tree/shrub miracle grow mixes. Make sure you mix it very well, if it feels too thick you can add some more sand, the sand is excellent in helping the dirt drain. Also, I would most definatly mulch the perimeter of the tree; especially heavy amounts during the winter.

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Interesting how GrowThisJake registered with GW the same day he posted his reply and has never posted anything else on any GW forum. Hmmm....

• newsouthnursery
    11 years ago

I've joined this forumn for one reason, which is this: starting in 2006, I began operating a nursery in the state of Arkansas which I named New South Nursery. This enterprise has been up and down over the years but it is currently my full time occupation. I have nothing to do with this nursry in GA, which apparently operates under many different names, one of them being New South Nursery. My business is strictly local, and I don't sell outside the state of Arkansas, but I would like to make the distinction clear.

• AppleKore
    10 years ago

I ordered some trees from TyTy Nurseries in October of 2013. Then I did some more homework and read several complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau and called back and canceled the order within 24 hrs. I was not charged at the time. But Lee from TyTy nurseries calls me on December 27 to ask about the invoice. I said that I cancelled the order, did not receive any product, and that TyTy had correctly NOT charged me. Then on January 1st, 2014, I get a charge on my credit card for the order I had cancelled. I called Lee back to ask him what happened and he had no record of the account. DO NOT ORDER FROM TYTY Nurseries, they can not be trusted.

• anniemccants
    9 years ago

OK, so like I posted a few days ago, I ordered from TYTY late Saturday night and received a confirmation email a few minutes later. My order came today, Wed. The 2 mother banana bulbs have brown spots on the leaves, but the roots look healthy. The 4 blackberry plants seem to be sticks, but I did see some green down by where the roots were wrapped in plastic. I'm not sure if this is normal because I am totally new to growing trees and fruit plants. They sent me a free azelia (sorry about the spelling) plant and the shipping was free. My experience seems to be much better than many on this site. Maybe this company is trying to better, or maybe business has gotten so bad that they have enough inventory to seen out orders in a timely manner. I hope everything grows after I plant them Fri. After visiting other online sites, I realize that their prices for the banana bulbs is very high, guess I should have checked out more sites before buying from TYTY. For now, I will give them 4 out of 5 stars. Will post updates in a few weeks to share progress.

• muscadines978
    9 years ago

I too have had bad experiences with TY TY!!!
    They offer bad customer service and the quality of their product sucks. They have great prices, but you get what you pay for!!!

• Sabrit1
    9 years ago

I stepped out in faith last July 26 of 2013 and purchased plants from TY TY nurseries of Ty Ty GA for $89.25. It was finally in the dead of January 2014 that I received the plants…. (WAY OUT SIDE THE 60 DAY WINDOW OF GETTING A REFUND) Frozen, no real surprise in winter and all.
    TY TY nurseries insisted the plants were alive, to plant them, but of course this May, nothing came of them. All the bulbs and the Nectarine tree, which was so precious to me; were indeed, DEAD. Ty TY insisted that I send the dead tree back, (there was no way to find the bulbs) so I dug up the tree and spent half a day in the hot sun trying to pack up the DEAD STICK they sent me, shipped it back for around $30.00.
    Today, I get a letter stating that I need to send ANOTHER $20.00 AND send the said letter WITH the dead tree…..that THEY ALREADY HAVE! When I phoned the Company to ascertain as to “what was up with that?” 888 758 2252, They hung up on me. I will NOT send them anymore money, however I will politely insist on my money back.
    Sadly I have found on the internet, TY TY is NOT a company to be doing business with, they have “1 star” rating and there are many “customers” (pigeons to be plucked) like me…. OUT of large sums of money. Ty Ty has very poor ratings on MULTIPLE pages and sites, also check out the BBB, Not so good.... "C" Nothing seems to change as I read this forum, should a read up on them before I ordered....

• txdurk
    9 years ago

1 Filbert tree: dead
    2 Rajapuri bananas: 1 dead
    1 Leconte pear: damaged roots, struggling to survive.

They have a nice selection of trees but what does it matter if they are all nonviable.

• Patahawk
    9 years ago

Wow, what a great thread! Thanks for posting.

I was ripped off by Ty Ty Nursery or whoever owned it back in the '90's. Then I think it was "sold," so I didn't pursue my case.

No one should ever have to go through this.

• User
    9 years ago

I found this thread after I ordered last spring and like everyone else, almost all of the bushes I got did not live. The bushes that did survive will never in a million years grow tall enough to be a hedge. That's assuming they live another year. According to them I can file a replacement claim and if they deem it worthy, I can send back the dead bushes at my expense and pay shipping for new bushes. The dead bushes will fit in a brown envelope - IF I can find them. A handful of very thin sticks that have been planted in my yard for 6 months probably won't be there. Buying from them was a very expensive lesson. Their web site has been totally redesigned so now I can't even find the place for testimonials. And at the beginning when my plants arrived looking like a handful of small sticks the phone service was like everyone above.

• muscadines978
    9 years ago

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT TY TY SUCKS AN HOPEFULLY WILL CLOSE DOWN. THEY GIVE A BAD NAME TO THE INDUSTRY!!!

• nickwho
    8 years ago

I ordered a mulberry tree from TYTY nursery in October when they had a promotion for 25% off plus free shipping. The tree came out to just under $200 after the discounts. They charged my card the day I ordered the tree ( not when they were ready to ship ) , today I got a call from PHIL JOHNSON who claims to be the manager there explaining that the free shipping is not offered for this tree and I have to pay $320 additional for shipping. When I said no to this and asked for a refund on my card, he says they can not issue a refund on the card and I'll be getting a check in the mail in about 2 weeks or so. This is unacceptable. Please do not buy anything from these crooks. I certainely would never buy from them again!!!!!!!

• muscadines978
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

THIS IS TYPILCAL OF TY TY. DON'T EVER ORDER FROM THEM AND PASS ON YOUR EXPERIENCE TO EVERY ONE!!!!!

• katalea12
    8 years ago

Thank you all for useful info!!! Will never ever ever ever order from ty ty or else dishonest companies!!!shame shame shame!!!!

• danielnguyen9d65
    8 years ago

My story is exactly the same with two persimmon trees. Never, never order anything from ty ty. I am wondering how they can still do this cheating business until today?

• nickwho
    8 years ago

I actually have to give credit to TYTY nursery for correcting my issue. After complaining to the BBB of GA , I got a call from the owner of TYTY nursery saying he will send me my tree for free. At first I did not believe him, but after the tree was delivered, I have to take back all the bad things I said about them.

• nickwho
    8 years ago

for me it worked by contacting the BBB of GA, maybe if everyone did that too, they will get the message!

• James Baker
    7 years ago

I
    understand the merchant’s ire; I am a B of A merchant myself. I tried to
    reason with them on the phone, but some merchants take these things personally,
    and some are just dishonest. In this case, it is a little of both.

When I received the
    product, it was in an (approximate) 12"X12"X48" cardboard box,
    bare root and bunched together, like a bunch of asparagus. I had to take
    the 20 "bushes" apart and separate them to see what I had.
    Please refer to the picture on page 7, which is one "bush".
    I called the merchant that same day; they refused to offer a pick-up of
    the plants. I was forced to put my problems in an email to them, please see
    page 4. I would have worked with them on the problem, but they refused to
    budge, stating only policy. I then put the plants in soil to protect the
    bare roots in our south Texas dry weather, while we continued to communicate.

My position is this:

I agreed to buy Oleander
    Trees, see page 5, TyTy was selling "trees", which I contracted for,
    see the invoice, page 1, 20 Firestarter
    Oleander Tree-3 Gal. That is not what I got. The
    merchants own web site states a tree is a single stem or trunk; I got a bush
    with multiple stems on each. I use the seller as their own expert. In the sellers reply to me, see bottom of
    page 7 and very top of page 8, they admitted they were not trees but bushes
    that could be pruned into a
    tree. I likened it to buying flowers at a flower shop, and they give you
    a bag of flower seeds (well, they will be
    flowers). The merchant misrepresented
    their product to me on their website.

I requested a return
    of the product, stating the misrepresentation to the seller; they flatly
    refused to provide any remedy.

The seller abandoned
    the wrongly shipped product by refusing to negotiate any remedy beneficial to
    both seller and buyer. At that point, I
    did not trust the seller for a refund if I went to the expense of returning the
    plants. I mitigated any further monetary
    exposure I had by disposing of this perishable product.

• muscadines978
    7 years ago

So you learned the hard way, as we all did.

• Asif Ahmed
    6 years ago

We also had the same issue. It is a huge scam. What they do is create new companies with new names all the time and the they are paying Better Business Bureau members so as long as they just refund the orders, Better Business Bureau gives them a good rating which should actually be a F. They have various negative reviews and massive number of complaints but they refuse to lower their ratings. After our experience we have also lost hope in the Better Business Bureau as an impartial association.

• Mu Pi
    4 years ago

Well, I found this discussion while checking on the nursery. All I can is this: I must be very lucky because almost all the bushes I ordered two years ago are growing great here in Kissimmee, FL. The exceptions are the oleanders; they were ravenously consumed by a local caterpillar. I was going to order something more, but after reading these comments, I'm hesitant!

• ewc1979
    4 years ago

I just wanted to add that this online nursery continues to be a scam. I should have read the reviews before ordering over two months ago. I paid for two trees but still haven’t gotten them because the ground has been wet for more than two months. How a nursery can shut down for two months because of a little rain is unimaginable. I guess since I already paid they want to string me along until I forget about them Or die of old age.

• James Baker
    4 years ago

I do not like the way these people do business. I am surprised they are still operating this company.

• Foxhollow at Maple Lane
    4 years ago

I ordered a quince tree in November of 2019. It was in stock on their website.

They took my $97.57 immediately and told me it would be shipped in the appropriate time this spring. I just now - February 20, 2020! - got an email saying they did not have the item available - it was SOLD OUT, That means that they sold my paid-for item out from under me! This is the most unprofessional business practice I've ever seen.

I was not offered any solution, and had to DEMAND that my payment be refunded immediately!

Don't try to do business with them! I would have posted a review on their Facebook page, but there's no place for reviews - VERY suspicious!

• badarbyshire
    4 years ago

Do a charge back because you will never get your money back! Try to use Paypal when you order online! I have found them to be very fair to the customer even when an item shows delivered. Yeah to the wrong place! I have found that these fast shippers are not reliable! But TTy is awful! Although their bulbs seem to do well!

• maggie austin
    3 years ago

Great I wish I would have known I spent $200 on 4 oakleaf hydrangeas they cam today and I thought they only sent me one bush1 it was 4 stems wrapped together very dried out with brown leaves! These are NOT 3-gallon hydrangeas! I put in a request because they are dead and they said they are not processing insurance claims until the middle of June because of all the backorders! No one answers the phone!

• Evan Eschmeyer
    3 years ago

DO NOT SHOP HERE. Worst experience I have ever had with a nursery (and I have dealt with many of them). I ordered two bare root trees.. Several weeks later, one tree showed up completely leafed out with the leaves all dead. I placed it in water 30 min after it was on my porch and 5 hours later the leaves were all still obviously done. The second tree had a huge major crack in the main root. I sent the same attached pics to TyTy asking for a refund, and got a generic reply that because of covid 19 they where not responding to emails. I called two times and was put on hold for 20 min each time and never reached a live person. When I finally did talk to someone I was told they would need to discuss this with a manager. Later that day I was told that the crack in the root would likely eventually heal if planted, and the tree with the dead leaves had been potted before it was shipped, and it likely still alive and would shoot some new leaves if planted. That tree was not potted and it was dried out. I did not order struggling / damaged plants that were already going to go through transplant shock and might have a chance to survive. This is tree planting 101 and I have been treated horribly. I still have not received a refund, or offer or credit or replacement trees.

• J Azar
    3 years ago

Still doing the same stuff. I bought a couple of trees from them in April. One of them was dead on arrival, obviously dry and brittle. I had a terrible time getting any response from them. A month later they told me to give the tree more time. Now its been three months, I have a dry brittle stick in the ground. They refuse to give a refund. They offered a store credit for less than I paid. I cant even use the credit to buy the same tree again, its not enough and they cant ship them until December. They insist they give NO REFUNDS. Complete rip-off. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM TYTY or any of their aliases.

• Terry McGrady
    3 years ago

Worst experience ever! We had plants, mad service. Stay clear!

• E Cameron
    3 years ago

I did purchase from The Nursery at TY TY and I sure wish I hadn’t! Should have read the reviews. They had me water a leafless peach tree, they sent a month after I bought it. It looked dead when I got it. They told me to water it daily which I did for weeks. The whole thing was ridiculous. They gave me a gift card with only what I paid for the tree, no shipping, no apology. This company is a rip off. I will make sure I put what I think of this place on social media. BE SURE TO SEE THEIR ALIASES!

• laihuynh60640
    3 years ago

I bought 3 trees, I mean twigs. 1 survived 2 never make it. A month later I call them and customer service told me to wait about 3 months to give them a chance because their are bare root. So I call around 3 month later and I told them what happened and send pictures. I was told that I still have to pay for shipping again even though I had already paid shipping before. What a scam company. Sending twigs and expect you to revived them. I ordered a lot of online plants and trees before and every company with give you a year warranty and free shipping but not this company. I will not order from them again or nor will I recommend them to any one.

• Galen Mills
    2 years ago

Gmills48.

I too have been ripped off by TY TY Nursery. My two Crape Myrtles arrived, one dead and one very nearly dead. These were not bare root. I sent photos but received no response. I planted in the ground, kept watered, and still no improvement in either plant. They refuse to give a refund and say that the best they can do is an in-store credit. I wouldn't trust Ty Ty in any situation. Georgia should do somethi9ng about these crooks.

• John DiMauro
    last year

Thanks for the detailed responses. I ordered fig tree from them. It arrived broken. No one answers phone, was told I'd get partial credit. Not true and can't reach anyone. I've ordered trees online before from Tree Center and was very pleased with the quality of their products. Unfortunately TyTy is the only place I could find a fig tree.