Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantbug

Thumbs DOWN!! Bobby Fults~Viola Valley Wildflowers

plantbug
15 years ago

I wish I had heard about his bad attitude and bad business practices before I placed an order with him. First he said he would send an email when the items were shipped and then after 3 months I ask when was I going to get my order and he jumped down my throat for NOT telling him they had not been shipped. I NEVER received an email saying they were shipped. Then he blamed the post office for losing the order. Per Mr Fults I was the only one out of THOUSANDS of customers who had problems. One plant had the wrong name and he JUMPED again and couldn't understand why I was the only customer having problems and the plant was just MISLABLED, don't know yet if this is true or not. I had to send him another email letting him know one plant was totally NOT what I ordered and I have heard NOTHING back from him. Of course the plant I really wanted was the one he totally screwed me on. So beware of ordering anything from him off ebay or his store. plantbug

Comments (8)

• honeybunny442
    15 years ago

I wish I had seen your posting before I ordered- several Crepe Myrtles, a lot of Arisaemas, and a few other plants. After a few weeks I emailed, and got a reply that 2 boxes went out (or will go out, I forget which) Monday. After 2 more weeks, I emailed again. No reply.
    Luckily I paid by PayPal, and immediately filed a dispute. Bobby replied he would check into it. After another week and no further response from Bobby I escalated it to a claim, and shortly thereafter received my money back.
    What a relief! I love using PayPal, I've had other experiences (using ebay) where I didn't receive my item, and had no trouble getting my money refunded.

• razorback33
    15 years ago

There is something happening there that forebodes trouble for the company. They have always been very prompt in filling orders, but recently I placed a substantial order for some spring ephemerals and received no plants or communication from them for several weeks. I emailed Bobby and reminded him that he had an order and my funds and I was expecting to see some plants very soon. No communication was received, but 3 days later, my order showed up.
    Until they can resolve their internal issues, I am not placing another order, nor will I recommend the company to anyone else.
    It could be only a temporary operational glitch, but Bobby should identify the problem and promptly remedy it. He has an excellent reputation and it would be a shame to see it disappear overnight.
    Rb

• plantbug
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I appreciate the input. Hate to hear he is having problems but he could slow them down by talking to his customers. I had to go through the Better Business Bureau to get a response from Mr Fults. He finally sent more bareroot plants and I will not know until spring what I have. He also called me a liar and a thief. So, beware!

• herbalbetty
    15 years ago

two years ago, I ordered quite a bit from Viola and received the bareroot plants rather quickly. Problem was, when they came up, many were not the plants I had ordered!

• chelydra
    13 years ago

Wish I had seen this thread earlier... I ordered about fifty plants from them, in four varieties. Only two I received were what I had ordered. Of the others, one was something that's a common weed here. I don't know what the other was; those didn't survive.

Prices are very reasonable - they can't be getting rich on 60-cent plants. So I hate to complain. But two out of four items incorrect - that's not so good. Sent an e-mail *not* to demand refund or replacement, but just to let them no; didn't get a reply.

-Chelydra

• learn2turn
    12 years ago

I had mixed results at best. Some of the root stock was so tiny it did not survive; like roots 1/2 the size of a q-tip.

Some plants did okay. The L. cardinalis plugs was the one thing that did well.

What really irks me is that I bought 10 woodland phlox (Phlox divaricata) and I swear it's not Phlox d; it's Vinca minor.

• teresafugate23_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

What a mess. I wish I had seen the posting before I ordered. He cashed my check 1 month ago. We have called, emailed, and still no resonse. I have now left a message with Dave's Garden where I placed the order and called and emailed again Mr Fults to inform him that if I did not receive my order or a follow up, I would be contacting an attorney. What a rip off company.

• len20
    12 years ago

Amen
    This activity is beyond the pale. lies, threats, claims of shipments that never went out and of e-mails never received.
    Some $200 of bareroots down the drain.Ordered in an early May for June arrival. Never appeared. Too late to cancel with PayPal (past 30 days) so did a charge-back with Amex that got their attention. Then was threatened with police action, but Fults never could substantiate alleged June USPS shipment An obvious original shipment arrived in late July far to hot even in woodland for bareroots. Should have sent it back but was worn out by nasty lady's phone threats and PayPal's intransigence. So planted and watered as best I could. Of 8 species only 2 survived following Spring. No point to complain to such malingers. Stay away stay very far away