Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peonynursery.com

Posted by rian 7va (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 30, 09 at 9:24

I bought a couple of rockii tree peonies from them in 06. The plants were small (shipping from Lithuania is pricy) but they were healthy and did well. Blooming size now and absolutely beautiful. If you are frugal and patient this is a good place to shop.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peonynursery.com

I have spoken to a couple of my sources as to why the plants are so small coming from this nursery. Most have informed me that the size of peonies from european nurseries for the european trade are much smaller than those we see in the US. Some of the european nurseries do provide US size plants but with patience the price difference is worth it.

Shipping and document costs for importation is driving the small purchaser out of the trade.

o
RE: peonynursery.com

Bad experience with this nursery. I paid $80 for two tree peonies. Never knew when they shipped (poor communication). In September 2013, I emailed and asked for a ship date and was told the plants had been mailed in early August and that the plants had just arrived backed in Lithuania because the parcel was unclaimed. The grower than said if I wanted the plants I ordered that it would be another $25 (shipping) but he didn't think the plants would survive that long (been out of the ground since late July). Or I would have to totally reorder for fresh plants. Now, he has my money and my plants and has said tough to me. Very poor customer service.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here