Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nrian

peonynursery.com

rian
14 years ago

I bought a couple of rockii tree peonies from them in 06. The plants were small (shipping from Lithuania is pricy) but they were healthy and did well. Blooming size now and absolutely beautiful. If you are frugal and patient this is a good place to shop.

Comments (4)

• maifleur01
    14 years ago

I have spoken to a couple of my sources as to why the plants are so small coming from this nursery. Most have informed me that the size of peonies from european nurseries for the european trade are much smaller than those we see in the US. Some of the european nurseries do provide US size plants but with patience the price difference is worth it.

Shipping and document costs for importation is driving the small purchaser out of the trade.

• graycrna4u
    10 years ago

Bad experience with this nursery. I paid $80 for two tree peonies. Never knew when they shipped (poor communication). In September 2013, I emailed and asked for a ship date and was told the plants had been mailed in early August and that the plants had just arrived backed in Lithuania because the parcel was unclaimed. The grower than said if I wanted the plants I ordered that it would be another $25 (shipping) but he didn't think the plants would survive that long (been out of the ground since late July). Or I would have to totally reorder for fresh plants. Now, he has my money and my plants and has said tough to me. Very poor customer service.

• Jeffrey Vitale
    5 years ago

Had a neutral and then horrible experience with Peonynursery.com... will never order again. First time the roots were smallish and in bad shape. I babied them along and only lost 2 of 20... so was worth it to me to get some varieties that seemed different from what was available locally. They have yet to bloom so we shall see. Next order was for 20 tree peonies... big investment. The sent moldy trash. There were tiny and moldy and just pure garbage. I contacted the company via email and was told "just plant them they will grow"... yeah grow mold is what they are going to do. So, never again. The have earned a giant helping of bad will from me.

• Sara Harclerode
    3 years ago

I have never purchased Tree Peonies from this company but I have bought over 30 of their ordinary peonies which have all grown into beautiful plants. And will be ordering another 10 this week.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!