Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olliem_gw

Green Mountain Transplants

olliem
16 years ago

I know that the move from Vermont to Maine generated lots of negative reports for GMT a couple years ago. However, I had ordered form them in 2003 and the plants were outstanding to I decided to try them again this year. I ordered a flat of the 32-size plants - all to be used in deck containers. My order arrived 5/18 and I planted them the same day. The plants were a huge disappointment - most of the annuals were straggly, with only one stringy stem, rather than short and stocky like we're told to buy. When removing them from their pots, the soil just fell away, leaving only a few sparce roots. So far 10 have died and 8 more are so small and struggling so much I'm buying replacements for them locally. Only the perennial grasses and heuchera are thriving. Regarding the heuchera - I had ordered one each of 3 different varieties and their packing diagram verified that. However, what I actually received were 3 of only 1 variety. I appreciate that their prices per plant are lower than most other nurseries but the $29 shipping charge for my one flat and more than half of the plants dead or dying, has made this a losing experience. Not surprisingly, they have not responded to my e-mail. And needless to say, I won't be ordering from them again.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH