Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garystpaul_zone_4

directgardening.com

garystpaul
10 years ago

I'm not sure this outfit needs any more bad publicity than they've already gotten, but let me add mine. Last fall I bought lily bulbs from three places: The Lily Garden, Old House Gardens, and directgardening.com (44 bucks worth). Everything from the first two came up fine, but not a single bulb came up from directgardening.com.

It's my fault that I didn't save the packing slip and so couldn't demand a refund, but that's beside the point here.

My guess is the bulbs were all diseased which may cause problems in the future.

Stay away from directgardening or any of the various other aliases they use.

Gary

Comment (1)

• beckywy
    9 years ago

"Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. They lie, tell you to do one thing and then won't honor what they say they will do. I ordered two Dappled Willow trees (which took forever to be shipped out, I had to email and ask where my trees were and when they came they were dead looking) and they came with tags saying "crop failure" Hakura Willow. I asked what that meant and was told it meant the tree that I ordered didn't survive so they replaced it with another tree. I was told to keep the trees they sent and to send in the original shipping label and request a full refund as per their policy. Finally got a response telling me the two names were one in the same, I told them the trees were dead. Supervisor Mike ( Absolutely horrible person, yells, talks over you, won't listen to what you are saying, argues, double talks, total Donkey), tells me to write that I am not happy with my product and as per him send a full refund, I also include the dead trees are still dead no matter what the name and to talk to Mike if there is an issue. I get the same response. I call, get the same fight, I file with the BBB. They send a letter to both the BBB and myself saying to send the new letter and the original shipping label back and they will refund or credit. I do that only to get the same response, the two names are the same tree. Again, a dead tree is a dead tree no matter what the name. I reopen the BBB complaint and call and get nasty Mike again who refuses the refund he promised before and says he doesn't have the file and now is asking if I returned the tree in the first 14 days. I was told to keep the trees (which are dead, I have pictures, I kept them in case I have to send them in) which at this point sending them back will cost me as much as the refund. This company is the worst company ever. I should have read all of the negative reviews and never ordered. Save yourself the headache. Do not waste your money or time on these thieves. "Crop Failure", customer service failure runs deep. I hate that I have to rate it with even 1 star.
    Becky W.
    Colorado Springs, Co.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths