Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctreynard

ebay nightmare: tallpinesgreenhouses

ctreynard
15 years ago

Hey, all! I order lots of plants from Logees and other reputable businesses, but every so often I order from EBAY, especially if it looks like the business does high volume, good feedback. I'd say 95% of my dealings on ebay have left me very pleased...seller tallpinesgreenhouses, not so much!

First off, I bid for some colocasia, and a musa basjoo (4 plants total). I also bid for a pH meter, but realized I wanted another type. I emailed right away, saying that I bid for it by mistake, and was happy to pay the charge of getting it relisted, or if it was a huge hassle, I'd just pay for it (a whole $10). An email was sent back a few days later saying that they had just had a tornado, violent weather, yada-yada.(And of course I understand that happens, and was cool with waiting a reasonable amount of time). The seller kindly told me that the meter wasn't a big deal, they just had to file it under an unpaid item, but that we were both agreeable about it so the dispute would close amicably. THANK GOD I HAD THIS STATED IN AN EMAIL and had sent a copy of it to my regular email.

After waiting TWO WEEKS for the plants, I sent an email asking about the ETA of the package. Nothing more, nothing less. I understand that they were having crappy weather...I just wanted to be kept in the loop.

TWO more weeks go by, and now I don't even want the plants. Most of the summer is gone, and I will have more than enough house plants to keep myself busy. I sent an email just stating "cancel my order. Thank you".

Lo and behold, no apologetic email, no communication whatsoever, just an email from ebay telling me that the plants shipped the NEXT day....a THURSDAY. Which of course means that the plants will be sitting in the post office, frying for the weekend. THANKS.

I get the plants on Monday, and they are half-dead. So I file a dispute thru paypal.

You guessed it. The seller then filed an "Unpaid Item Strike" against me. Lovely business practice, right? THANK GOD i had a copy of the email communication with the seller in my regular email, because of the MONTH waiting for plants, the original ebay emails had been deleted from my ebay account.

I just can't believe that this seller would go thru all this crap for $40. It would have been so easy to send me an email telling me that they were sorry, etc, etc, here's a refund, here's a coupon towards a next purchase...and I most likely would have bought from them next growing season.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!