Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lconnole

Michigan Bulb, Spring Hill Nursery & Brecks

lconnole
14 years ago

I have received a do not order from us letter from Michigan Bulb, which incudes Breck and SpringHill Nursery. They say that too may reships or credits have occurred. The majority of credits were do to collections, that I only said one or two did not bloom, but they have to credit the entire thing. This is not my fault, they should be able to just ship me the plants that died. Also they sent me the wrong color of plants, again not my issue but they have their nerve to tell me I can't do business with them, but keep sending me their catalogs. I guess they really do not guarantee anything!!

Comments (8)

• digdirt2
    14 years ago

They have so many bad reviews and have had a troublesome reputation for so many years that one has to ask why anyone would deal with them in the first place? Just compost their catalogs and consider yourself lucky not to have gotten burned by dealing with them.

• penny1947
    14 years ago

I ordered from Nrecks only once several years ago and I will never order from them again. Most of the bulbs never bloomed and those that did were wimpy at best. Every spring They come up but never bloom. I leave them because they are at least green but I think I will be removing them this spring. I can get better plants at a yard sale.

Penny

• Embothrium
    14 years ago

Try some bulb fertilizer, unless your climate is unsuitable or they are being reduced by pest infestation your bulbs may just need to get some more mineral nutrients so they can size up and bloom. Especially when they are large-flowered garden varieties (rather than wild species forms) bulbs often need good fertility to bloom and multiply.

It seems Michigan Bulb, Spring Hill Nursery & Brecks = Moe, Larry & Curly.

• sbradley
    14 years ago

This is an old thread, but...I ordered from Spring Hill last year, before I knew that this website and Garden Watch Dog existed. I actually thought they were fine...but that was also my first (and to this point, only) time ordering plants through the mail. A couple of things I ordered were missing, but I called and told them the day I received my shipment, and they sent the missing plants right out. Everything looked healthy and did just fine last summer...I ordered a passion flower vine from them and was astounded at how quickly it grew and how healthy it was. Maybe I just got lucky!

• ebalogh_embarqmail_com
    12 years ago

I have ordered tulips, daffodils, peonies and iris from Breck's, and never been disappointed. My peonies are four years old this spring, and they are already HUGE and loaded with buds, this after an awful winter in northern NJ The reblooming iris are beginning to bud now, and my daffodils have spread like crazy. the tulips have pretty much petered out after about 7 years, but they aren't really perennials. I just ordered Rembrandt tulips from Michigan bulb at my sister's recommendation--she says she has never had a bad plant from them.

• alaMel
    12 years ago

They do have the right to refuse service. Were you rude to them?

• Diana Diana
    8 years ago

Michigan bulb would not post my review either! Their Itoh peony was not a survivor! It just died! I was trying to post the review twice, but it did not get posted!

I would say that the plants from Michigan bulb company has plants that have 50% chance of surviving!