Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Michigan Bulb, Spring Hill Nursery & Brecks

Posted by lconnole (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 28, 09 at 18:22

I have received a do not order from us letter from Michigan Bulb, which incudes Breck and SpringHill Nursery. They say that too may reships or credits have occurred. The majority of credits were do to collections, that I only said one or two did not bloom, but they have to credit the entire thing. This is not my fault, they should be able to just ship me the plants that died. Also they sent me the wrong color of plants, again not my issue but they have their nerve to tell me I can't do business with them, but keep sending me their catalogs. I guess they really do not guarantee anything!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Michigan Bulb, Spring Hill Nursery & Brecks

They have so many bad reviews and have had a troublesome reputation for so many years that one has to ask why anyone would deal with them in the first place? Just compost their catalogs and consider yourself lucky not to have gotten burned by dealing with them.

o

I ordered from Nrecks only once several years ago and I will never order from them again. Most of the bulbs never bloomed and those that did were wimpy at best. Every spring They come up but never bloom. I leave them because they are at least green but I think I will be removing them this spring. I can get better plants at a yard sale.

Penny

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 7, 09 at 18:23

Try some bulb fertilizer, unless your climate is unsuitable or they are being reduced by pest infestation your bulbs may just need to get some more mineral nutrients so they can size up and bloom. Especially when they are large-flowered garden varieties (rather than wild species forms) bulbs often need good fertility to bloom and multiply.

It seems Michigan Bulb, Spring Hill Nursery & Brecks = Moe, Larry & Curly.

o

This is an old thread, but...I ordered from Spring Hill last year, before I knew that this website and Garden Watch Dog existed. I actually thought they were fine...but that was also my first (and to this point, only) time ordering plants through the mail. A couple of things I ordered were missing, but I called and told them the day I received my shipment, and they sent the missing plants right out. Everything looked healthy and did just fine last summer...I ordered a passion flower vine from them and was astounded at how quickly it grew and how healthy it was. Maybe I just got lucky!

o

I have ordered tulips, daffodils, peonies and iris from Breck's, and never been disappointed. My peonies are four years old this spring, and they are already HUGE and loaded with buds, this after an awful winter in northern NJ The reblooming iris are beginning to bud now, and my daffodils have spread like crazy. the tulips have pretty much petered out after about 7 years, but they aren't really perennials. I just ordered Rembrandt tulips from Michigan bulb at my sister's recommendation--she says she has never had a bad plant from them.

o

They do have the right to refuse service. Were you rude to them?

o

Spring hill will not post a review I left. I gave the roses I bought high marks for awesome flowering but also indicated that that I had to treat these disease resistant roses for black spot last year. What's the point of reviews if they're only going to post the positive ones?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here