Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chamblee's Rose Nursery--Superb!

Posted by marlingardener 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 26, 09 at 10:26

We are lucky enough to be able to drive to Chamblee's in Tyler, Texas instead of using their very quick, very reliable shipping service. Their selection of roses is vast, the staff is very knowledgeable and helpful, and the prices are extremely reasonable. They are a source for Knock-Out roses, David Austin roses, and Dr. Buck Griffith roses and Old Garden Roses.
We have also purchased gift cards for family members. My sister, niece, and grandniece all commented on how great the roses looked when they arrived and how they have thrived since (these ladies are not seasoned gardeners with green thumbs!).
Their on-line catalog is better than their paper one, but the paper catalog is chock full of information about roses in general, and the specific roses they sell.
I highly recommend Chamblee's Rose Nursery for anyone who is beginning to grow roses, or is an experienced rosarian.
www.chambleeroses.com and the phone is 1-800-256-7673.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chamblee's Rose Nursery--Superb!

I second Marlingardener's recommendation. 2 years ago I ordered my very first rose bushes from them based on their great reviews from another popular vendor ratings site. Immediately after placing an online order for 8 roses, I was sent an email suggesting I call and ask for a specific plantsman because they noticed I was pushing my zone with some of my roses. I spoke to the man for at least 20 mins., and he patiently explained alternative choices for 4 of my 8 choices. I accepted his advice (except for 1 rose) and had every rose live except for the one he suggested I not buy and one my dogs destroyed!

The other 6 have thrived. I've spent the last two years spending a lot of time lurking on GardenWeb's antique rose forum. Chamblee's is a fine source for own root antique and tried and true modern roses. Great plants, reasonably priced, not too high shipping considering the distance, and excellent above and beyond customer service.
Leslie

o

I've had a positive expirience with their mail-order roses. They were carefully wrapped and shipped, were good sized and healthy.

o

I purchased quite a few rose bushes from them about 10 years ago, and just now ordered another dozen (we moved from our first house). It was wonderful to see they are still going strong. I was entirely pleased with my first order and expect nothing less stellar with this one. Whenever I'm in Tyler (not often, but occasionally) I try to go by the nursery. Chamblee's roses are healthy, well-packaged, reasonably priced, and accurately described. Customer service, if you contact them, is eager to help and profoundly knowledgeable. I wish I could find more businesses that are run as competently and with as much integrity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here