Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_littlerock_ar

The 'Sample Seed Shop' by Remy - excellent service

Mary Leek
14 years ago

I just wanted to say a big 'thank you' to whomever posted a notice on one of the forum's regarding this new on-line seed shop.

http://sampleseeds.com/

I love the idea of ordering from a fellow gardener. Here is a photo of my first order from this shop. What a treat. Good number of seeds for an exceptionally fair price and fair shipping costs. The pretty seed packets are clearly marked; she included a complete order invoice and even a bonus packet of flower seed. What could be better!

Thank you, Remy, for such a great buying experience and good luck with your new endeavor.

Mary

From __Garden Flowers - plants

Comments (21)

• penny1947
    14 years ago

I know this seed retailer personally and I can tell you that she takes great pride in her business not to mention the fact that she is an exceptional gardener and she is knowledgable about the seeds that she sells. It is so nice to see her get a good review.

Penny

Here is a link that might be useful: The Sample Seed Shop

• susanlynne48
    14 years ago

I, too, ordered from Remy and she is EXCELLENT! It may have been me that recommended her, Mary, but a lot of people have. I ordered my Salvia subrotunda seeds from her because I could not find them anywhere else - hard to find seeds at very low prices and she always sends a bonus pack, too!

Susan

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Sample Seeds...I absoloutley loved reading Remy's personal and honest thoughts on specific seeds at her site....I received my order yesterday....wonderful. And it would have still been wonderful, even if she had not included bonus packs...............
    Lovely prices and I received my order very quickly! I will definitley order from Sample Seeds again...a pleasure!

Thanks Remy.

Annie

• roxy_girl
    13 years ago

Great service, great seeds, great prices, great bonus seeds, great shipping!!! I will be a return buyer from Remy for sure! Thanks for a great online buying experence Remy!

Dena

• oregonwoodsmoke
    13 years ago

Very fast shipping. Generous number of seeds for a very reasonable price. Nice selection available.

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

I wanted to chime in with my positive review. I just got my seeds today and am extremely pleased with this vendor. The price for both seed packets and shipping is wonderful plus the bonus pack she includes is a nice touch. The seeds were packaged in a small package within the larger package, something I prefer. Remy is a pleasure to do business with, and I'll definitely be a continually returning customer!

You can also pay with PayPal on her site, another bonus.

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

I recently placed another order with Remy. Once again....fantastic service. What a pleasure!!!!

Thanks much!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

I'm also hear to sing Remy's praises :0)

I like that I am buying from a fellow gardener that knows her stuff! Great prices and fast shipping. And an extra surprise...can it get any better!

Fantastic!
    vina

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Another wonderful purchase from Remy....Sample Seeds! Besides her outstanding prices and service, I just love her website....her thoughts and her honesty.
    Thanks again Remy!

• huntoften
    13 years ago

Ditto on what everyone has said and then some! Ordered from her for two years now and will definitely order from her again! It's great to have such a variety at such low prices!

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Another perfect purchase from Remy. Great selection of seeds, great service, great prices!!!!! I really enjoy her website! Sample Seed Shop...many thumbs up!!

Thanks Remy,

Annie

• jaynine
    12 years ago

From ordering to receipt, probably the quickest and most pleasant online transaction I've ever experienced. I would (more likely, will) order again without hesitation and will surely recommend this site to others. Thanks!

• BlakeInCanada
    12 years ago

I feel good about my purchase there. It's a business I want to give my business to!

I found good stuff, got good tips, good prices, fast shipping, a human touch.

The notes she writes about her plants are a great resource, and the pictures aren't ones copied from other sites (which are usually not the right cultivar and are ALWAYS tinted to look nicer than they will turn out). I remember seeing her notes saying "it looks more ____ than shown in the picture". LOVE that.

• az_lady
    12 years ago

OOOH, thank you for this thread! I just placed an order! I love that she uses non-GMO seeds. Very important as we move into these perilous times.

• Nicky
    12 years ago

Just received my 3rd order from Sample Seeds. My favourite vendor. Thanks Remy for all that you do!

Highly recommended.

• susaninosceolamo
    12 years ago

Hey all. I am a newbie ordering seeds for the first time. I read positive stuff here on The Sample Seed Shop and I ordered and got the seeds super quick. And, a couple of bonus packs and the pack I got seem heavy - yeah! Just wanted to tell her fans that I took their advice. Only complaint is that I got rushed into buying quick because the paypal checkout was about to time out. Oh well, it was probably a good thing for me to stop. Happy to have found this place! I love supporting the smaller companies. Susan

• lori_ny
    11 years ago

I ordered from her site for the first time this year! What a gorgeous selection of heirloom tomatoes she has! Shipping was fast and the germination rates have been very good. I will order from her every Spring, along with my regular Pine Tree Seeds:)

She must have noticed the kinds of tomatoes I preferred because she sent me free samples of 2 other kinds. When I researched them, they also were the sweet kinds of beefsteaks I adore. That's going above and beyond:)

I found her companies name on the Upstate NY forum here and I'm so thankful I did. I love giving local people my business.

• eepi
    11 years ago

Ordered from Remy for the 2012 growing season - tomato seeds had 100% germination rate! Remy includes free samples on top of what you choose, and makes sure that they are suitable for your growing zone. Browsing the catalog site to read her descriptions gives me hours of pleasure. Amazing selection of heirloom and native varieties. Just ordered again for this year. I loved getting the handwritten seed packets last year & I'm really looking forward to this year's shipment!

• cindy_ga
    11 years ago

I ordered from her too this year and got great service. I had a problem with the cart and my Internet (ordering on a Sunday) and she quickly replied to questions. The seeds came quickly, a bonus too. I'll keep her on my short list for very reasonably priced seeds and service that makes ME smile. :)

• chrizty
    10 years ago

I ordered from Remy this month and Im so happy with everything! I will be ordering again next month! :)

• Andrew
    9 years ago

I just ordered from Sample Seeds for the first time. So far great experience. Great communication and extremely fast shipping

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company