Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

Gilbert H Wild & Son

hazelnutbunny
16 years ago

I recently ordered from this company (www.gilberthwild.com) and was very pleased with the plants they sent. They were having an end of season sale, with all daylilies between $1.50 - $20 per fan. Granted, they were older varieties, but it's a steal no matter how you look at it. They had over 200 to choose from. I ordered 12 plants, and spent less than $30. Even with that small amount, they sent a bonus daylily.

The plant sizes were very nice, and even though I only ordered one fan of each, most had between 3-6 nice sized fans. One daylily even had 7 fans. They were all labeled and marked very well. Roots were very big and healthy also.

I would not hestitate to recommend this company. Definitely the best $30 I've spent in quite a while. :O)

Comments (3)

• diene
    16 years ago

I also ordered from them and found the plants nice and quick shipping. They are having a sale on daylilies now too. diene

• ljrmiller
    16 years ago

I haven't ordered from Wild's in about 15 years now, but when I did, their products ranged from "okay" in a bad year to "excellent" in a good year. The best plants I had from them were field-dug (on the spot) seedling clumps of daylilies I bought one day when I decided to do a "gardening road trip" when I lived in Northeast Kansas. I chose Wild's (in Sarcoxie, Missouri) as my final and farthest destination for the day.

• jaynine
    12 years ago

Just got a shipment of 3 very healthy peony divisions that I purchased on sale. Bonus plant was sent, also. Wouldn't hesitate to order again.