Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dancinglemons

cottage farms qvc && roberta's qvc

dancinglemons
16 years ago

I ordered the Cottage Farms Asiatic Lily bulbs from QVC in 2006. They came in a set of 48 bulbs. Not one of the bulbs grew. They were guaranteed so I asked for a replacement in spring 2007. The bulbs I received in replacement were also 100% failure - no growth at all. The bulbs are VERY small. I knew nothing about bulbs but wanted to grow the Lily. I purchased VERY NICE Asiatic Lily bulbs from a local nursery and noticed that those bulbs were HUGE and about the same price. Lesson: Not everything you see on the home shopping channels is a good bargain.

Roberta's QVC however is a TOTALLY different story. I ordered 12 Asiatic Lily bulbs from Roberta's thru QVC and they are growing fantastic  ALL OF THEM !! 2008 will be year 4 and they are still growing strong. I also got the Cold Hardy KIWI from Roberta's thru QVC and it grew like gang busters this year. I am hoping for the mini-kiwi fruit in 2008. There was a DEFINATE difference in the quality of the bulbs I received from RobertaÂs as compared to Cottage Farms. Lesson: RobertaÂs has much better quality Lily bulbs.

Comments (2)