Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Other names for 4 Seasons Nursery and Burgess

Posted by bstnh1 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 29, 09 at 13:39

Here are the names this horrible outfit does business under according to the BBB. They all h ave a "D" rating with the BBB.

Additional DBA Names: Richard Owen Nursery
Farmer Seed & Nursery
Four Seasons Nursery
Inter-State Nurseries
Exciting Gardens
Royal Dutch Gardens
Honeycreek Nurseries, LLC
Kelly Nurseries
Plantron, Inc.
Burgess Seed & Plant Company
Direct Gardening

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Other names for 4 Seasons Nursery and Burgess

Avoid like the plague! Last year I did a lot of planting. Counting bulbs, plant divisions and perennials I planted over 300 plants. Out of all those I had exactly 5 plants that did not grow back. 4 were ornamental grasses from directgardening.com. They were the only plants I got from them. I got plants from neighbors, relatives, easywdflowers.com, prairie moon nursery, and my local menards and home depot. So the plants I got from direct gardening had a 100% mortality rate and the direct gardening plants were 80% of my plant losses.

o
RE: Other names for 4 Seasons Nursery and Burgess

I've suspected as much when I noticed similar addresses on many of these catalogs. This is the only site I found that verified that thought. Though I don't understand why one company would operate under so many different names. If only to fool consumers into thinking they were all different companies, so that if one got bad reviews the others would still get business.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rate & Review Vendors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here