Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanyuu

Ebay Seller: Gardeningbylee

tanyuu
11 years ago

My first review so far will be on Gardeningbylee (http://myworld.ebay.com/gardeningbylee/). I bought some daisy, geranium, and begonia seeds from this seller. His plants come packaged in a bubble wrap envelope, each with their own little plastic baggy that is labeled. Inside each baggie is general instructions. I also received some bonus seeds with my purchase!

The begonias and geraniums I have planted already due to wanting some sprouts to chase away the winter gloom. The germination rate has been very good so far- almost all the seeds have sprouted.

The one downside is that they do not supply scientific names for their seeds, at least in the case of the ones I have. That makes finding further instructions online difficult.

Note: I was surprised about people's recommedations for newbies to avoid ebay, but I understand why. I've been getting seeds and plants from ebay for about a year and had great success with plants, while seeds (but ebay and commercially bought) have mostly suffered due to my inexperience. Since this is the first year I'll actually be planting seeds correctly, I'll review the sellers I'm buying from as I grow them. I tend to buy from sellers with very low numbers of seeds per pack, as I don't have a lot of space and it leaves more room to try several different kinds.

This post was edited by tanyuu on Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 14:35

Comments (2)