Return to the Garden Restoration Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
historic garden material (perenials)

Posted by johnwillie z5MI (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 31, 04 at 17:55

A garden group I am in, are involved in a planting project for a newly restored historic court house in Flint, Michigan. Can anyone help with a list of old fashion perenials and any other flowers that would fit with this agenda. The Flower beds are not hugh, but more like borders along sidewalks and small areas beside enterences.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: historic garden material (perenials)

When was it built?

o

Come back, johnwillie . . .

o

• Posted by Mundi z7/tennessee (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 1, 04 at 22:20

How about peony, tree and herbaceous ?

o

Interesting. I couldn't find any info about a court house on the city of Flint website. But it looks like the oldest structures in town are from the 1880s.

o

There should still be some folks around who remember the courthouse when it was built. They'll be in their 80s, but I'll bet they remember. A prominent building would have been noted in the historical archives of Flint as well. For inspriation for perennial plantings, I'd look at the gardens of Ellen Biddle Shipman.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Restoration Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here