Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dannierose

Getting rid of unwanted tree and shrub seedlings?

dannierose
10 years ago

I guess this would be where to post this lol

So, I've lived in my house for about 20 years but have never really been interested in gardening until now. My house actually has three 13 foot flowerbeds, but they have been really uncared for and were overgrown with random plants for the most part. I've revived two of them and they're fine now, but this last one is giving me a headache and a backache lol It has tons and tons and tons of I guess tree and shrub seedlings growing in it. I've cut them back as much as I can, but I'm having difficulty removing the roots because they're so...well-rooted lol My first thought was to get some herbicide (that word just sounds so violent lol) since I've tried to pull them out by hand which didn't work for the most part. But I'm concerned about using that because I'm afraid that maybe some of the herbicide would be left over and kill the flowers that I'm going to eventually plant in it. Also, there is an azalea plant in the flowerbed that I definitely do not want to kill and I'm afraid the herbicide will get to it.
So if anyone has any suggestions or advice on how to get rid of these seedlings I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Comment (1)