Return to the Garden Restoration Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tips for reclaiming overrun garden?

Posted by robbyflan none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 20:26

Large fenced in garden, 18' x 40', that was completely overrun with weeds, grasses, thickets, thorns, etc.. I have cut, burned, dug out and hacked away most of it, but there are still a lot of stems poking out. I plan on building many raised beds (maybe 12'' high) and paths. I would rather not have to till this large area, as i don't own a gas tiller. Would laying down cardboard be best? or landscaping fabric?
I want to get started with the beds this spring. Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tips for reclaiming overrun garden?

Yes sheet mulch with newspaper a few inches thick. You can't really go too thick...

Avoid paper with glossy finishes as the pigments are toxic.

Then cover the cardboard / newspaper with old hay, wood chips, etc.

Actually, you can do this to make the raised beds. lay down a good layer of manure, then the cardboard / newspaper, then the cover material.

Make sure no newspaper is exposed or it will wick moisture away in the summer.

Then make a small space for seedlings, and cut a small hole in the newspaper where the seedling will go.

You can put the whole garden in in a day.

o

The Cheap Lebron Shoes Store http://www.cheaplebron11star.com Show Latest Nike Lebron 11 And Nike Lebron 10 James Shoes.The Galary Of Cheap Nike Foamposite,Nike Kevin Durant The Same Hot As Nike Air Max 2014,Air Max 2013 On The World.

Here is a link that might be useful: cheap lebron 11

o

how do you erase the cheaplebron11star person and keep them from posting inappropriate postings?
there should be a way to keep this from being a compromised site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Restoration Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here