Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ssmiles71_gw

Grading a backyard slope

ssmiles71
17 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm new here and not sure if this is the right place to post this.I have a sloping problem that just bugs me. The difference in the backyard slope is about 5" in the deepest area, and we can see over the yard fence from the back porch. It is lumpy/uneven in other parts of the yard as well. I have considered filling it in with about 4" of soil. I wonder if this would be a good idea. Should I get a rotatiller to break up the uneven levels first? Also would like to know what to cover the bottom part of the wooden fence. Would rail road ties be good to put against the fence to keep the soil in and the fence from rotting? Another thing I've considered is leveling half of the yard's length w/rail road ties and curving towards the lower area. I don't have anything growing back there yet, only a mix of st. augustine & bermuda grass. Which would be the best idea? The least costly? As I am on a budget. I have taken some pictures, but have not developed them yet. The yard is about 40'L and about 18-20'W. Any links/pics to similar before&afters will be appreciated.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions