Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glenik_gw

Need ideas for minor elevation changes

glenik
17 years ago

I have a pond that is bordered with rocks about the size of footballs but with rough jagged edges. The liner now needs replacing in the pond so i will be dissasembling it this season or near the very end of the season anyway. I also have a few garden plots with the same stone as mentioned above and would like to remove all of the stone borders.... I find them hard to maintain of weeds and the long crab-grass that grows between. The previos owner just sprayed the rocks with herbicide to keep them weed free but we have cats and kids so I prefer not to go that route. My question now is .... when I remove all these rocks, I feel there must be some kind of feature I can add to my yard in way of a minor elevation change to create some depth and interest. I am thinking of just digging them in and covering with grass for the hieght change, or also I contemplate a small rock feature of some sort. It would be a shame to get rid of all this rock, cause I know when I do I will regret it and have to fetch more. They are all uniform sizes and colour and must be good for something?? Anyone have any ideas on something interesting for me to do with these rocks?? I just hate the look of weeds running throughout the borders of the pond.

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Sponsored
More Discussions