Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roseofsharon_on

I'm new to Garden Restoration

roseofsharon_on
19 years ago

Hi I just discovered this forum this week when I had time on my hands and was lurking the Gallery Forums. I'm very excited to find a forum with historians. I have a Masters degree in Decorative Arts History.(Smithsonian program). I love research and tend to read a lot about anything that interests me. Not only do I garden to excess I read about gardening to excess. When I started researching an historic house last year details about the garden kept popping up, so I started doing more intensive research into early twentieth-century gardening in the northeastern USA. It is too bad that response time tends to be slow on this forum but it is understandable. I would recommend giving short interim answers followed by later more detailed posts when you do have time to do more research. Also you could direct inquiries to where to look rather than doing the research yourself. I understand that not everyone has the same access to sources and of course may need in depth assistance. I look forward to participating on this forum and I hope that we can start some kind of garden book reading club in the winter.

Sharon

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions