Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorna_gw

Help me name this bed!

Lorna
19 years ago

Hi Garden Webbers,

Wow, this is great that I found a topic here that I may have some help with. Let me tell you my story so you can help me. This is VERY condensed!!!

In 1999 The BLM did a controlled burn in our rural town which was on a windy day and you know the rest...wiped out houses, trees, beautiful mountainsides critters, beautiful views etc. Anyway, I love gardening and decided to do something about the area that my trees were turned to stumps. (My husband cut the stumps way down and you can hardly see them between the flowers!!

Did lots of trades on gardenweb for years (seeds) and of course planted all kinds of wildflowers, perennials, and bulbs in this area...they were butterfly and hummingbird friendly as well...guess a cottage garden type area that was totally redone. You wouldn't believe how this blackened stumpy area looks now. (Like a paradise!) Anyway, have always wanted to name it...have any ideas? Our house was saved and this area is in the mountains in Calif...actually you wouldn't even know that a fire came through where I live!

This name may have Lorna in it or whatever, just stumped about it! Thanks much, hope I get some help on this one as my hubby or sons will make me the sign up when they have a clue on what name to call it!

Comments (2)