Return to the Garden Restoration Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to eliminate perennial wildflowers without chemicals

Posted by sheedee123 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 19:41

I moved into a home that along one side of the driveway is a very small width (ranging from 1-2 feet wide) strip of nothing but wildflowers and a bunch of other perennial flowers that grow along the length of my driveway. They are all beautiful individually, but they look like nothing but weeds during the entire growing season. I'd like to start over and plant what I would like to, but don't want to use a chemical to eliminate what is there now. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do to kill these off and start over with something new? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to eliminate perennial wildflowers without chemicals

I'd suggest removing them individually with shovel or spade. Would also consider posting to a list like Craigslist offering them free for the digging.

Glad you don't want to use chemicals!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Restoration Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here