Return to the Garden Restoration Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2ft garden fence

Posted by KS_Chicago (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 11:31

Hello. We live in Chicago and in need of a 2ft tall iron garden fence around our parkway. We need it only on three sides: 25 ft on the long side and two 10 ft for the sides, so 45ft in total. The quotes I am getting are out of this world... The cheapest one came in at about $1700... The most expensive one is at $7k! So...the question is - is this normal? Do I really have to pay almost $2k for a 2ft tall fence around the parkway? Is there an alternative? We do need to put something up since neighborhood dogs are trampling all the landscaping. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2ft garden fence

this is 3' but might it work? No special equipment needed to install. But won't the dogs just jump over it at 24"?

Here is a link that might be useful: ready made DIY fencing.

This post was edited by olychick on Sun, Sep 7, 14 at 15:59

o
RE: 2ft garden fence

• Posted by Jim-1 5b Illinois (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 2, 14 at 22:12

Those quotes do seem excessive. Consider this: go to one of the large home stores (I won't suggest names) and see if they have what you want in stock. If they do, speak with one of the people who work there and tell them your problem. Sort of hint that you might like to have a referral of someone who would consider installing the fence. You buy the fence and get it home. Then, all you are paying for is the labor to install it.

Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Restoration Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here