Return to the Garden Restoration Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double Wash Tub on Wheels

Posted by Daliah zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 19, 04 at 14:58

I was thinking of using this item for a raised planter (its 5 ft) or green house for starting my plants from seed by putting glass on top. It has the drains in it still. It is white, but the white is chipping and peeling off. Any suggestions out there? What should I use this for? Should I repaint it or just leave it peeling as this makes it look more rustic.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double Wash Tub on Wheels

Next time there is a garbage collection in your area place it neatly by the side of the road no need to add plants they will take it just as it is.

o

I think the people on the Garden Junk forum will be less snotty and more to your liking, Daliah. May have some good ideas for you as well.

Naughty boy, Tony.
Ginger

o

I was in a historic section of an Ohio River town. In front of an antique/junk shop they had items like this stuffed with great combinations of plants. It looked very appropriate and cool in this setting. Now sitting in your front yard as a focal point....

o

• Posted by Fori Detroit, MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 7, 04 at 13:48

How good are the wheels? Think you could move the thing when full of dirt? I'd love to have something like that to make overwintering of plants easier...I would keep it in the backyad and not the front....:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Restoration Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here