Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginger_nh

How to receive many replies to your posts

ginger_nh
18 years ago

Just put "outhouse" in the title line. E.g., "Historic house and outhouse with strangely blank gardening slate," "Era appropriate plantings for historic multi-family dwelling with outhouse," "New Farmhouse wants to look old--add outhouse?", etc., etc., etc. ;)

Comments (12)

• ginny12
    18 years ago

Sad but true, Ginger. While I have defended that thread and still think the subject has some historic relevance, that most recent post was completely OT and revolting. Anyway, it is good to see you here and I wish we had more company. And BTW, whatever happened to urbangardener and the plan to re-title this forum?

• ginger_nh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think the same thing happened to urbangardener that happened to me when Spike was on board. Nothing changes. Funny, bc just as I was about to post this message, the triangle-shaped ivillage pop-up came rolling across the screen with the message: "Your opinion counts." In small print at the bottom is some phrase about marketing . . .
    Ginger

• ginny12
    18 years ago

Mysterioser and mysterioser. If you mean that you, and now urbangardener, got sent to, ahem, Walt's place down South, I can't imagine why. I never saw either of you post anything controversial. I've never seen that pop-up either--maybe because I am a contributing member?? Regardless, I would really like to see more conversation here but it is what it is, I guess.

• ginger_nh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

No, I didn't mean Disney, Ginny. Just that I, too, campaigned to have the name of the forum changed to better reflect Garden History as that is what the forum came to be centered on. But to no avail; Spike did not reply. Very same thing has happened again, it seems.

Re the ivillage pop-up: I am no longer a contributing member, so perhaps that is why I get the pop-ups. (I understand that no one can contribute now, however, as that has been done away with.)

• ginny12
    18 years ago

Thanks for the explanation, Ginger. Glad you didn't have an unplanned trip. As for the contributions to GW, I had renewed my membership very shortly before the big change so I am still pretty much ad-free.

Re the other Thread That Must Not Be Named: I thought about making 100 posts so it would drop off but now they have increased the number to 300 so it looks as if it will be around for quite awhile.

• inkognito
    18 years ago

I don't come over here much ginger, three guesses as to why! and I have only just seen your post. I thought you would have better things to do at this time of year like shuffling papers that you have had laying around since April and sending out invoices and so on. Here is not the place for the kind of forum you are wanting. This is the place for selling stuff and the trivial gossip that appears between the pop-ups is only a filler I have no idea if the right place exists. I wish I did and I would invite you along with ginny and some others who know who they are.
    While I am here: Happy holidays to you and your family.
    Tony

• ginger_nh
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi, Tony-
    How right you are about April papers and final invoicing. Things are a bit better this year, however, as I have had the help of an accountant for most of the season. Hope you had a good year; I did.

Happy holidays to you and your family as well.
    Ginger

• momcat2000
    18 years ago

did i miss something?

• ginny12
    18 years ago

Momcat, check out the outhouse thread. Every time it seems to have disappeared, someone posts, often with a less than felicitous story to tell. Ginger was just being funny when she (correctly) pointed out that outhouses seem to be a subject that never dies. And the last few posts here are about Ginger's landscape business. Now you come more often and jump into the conversation!

• ginny12
    18 years ago

Ginger, Thanks for posting the link to the Museum of Garden History. I am posting here in order to keep your other post at the top of the list, so anyone who drops in will see it first.

• gibby_gardener
    16 years ago

I am interested in getting ANY reply to my question about fox glove seeds. I have several very small seedlings coming up but do not seem to show much if any growth, even after a month. Several seem to have died when I applied cow manure or Miracle Gro in very small quantities. I am using seed starter mix, which has no regular soil or fertilizer. What is wrong?

• ginny12
    16 years ago

There are forums for annuals, perennials, and seed-sowing. I bet you will have some luck at one of those. It is not very active here and the focus is not on growing from seed.

But just as a suggestion--I have grown foxgloves from seeds many times--the problem may be that your seeds are not good. You may be doing everything right but if the seeds aren't good, it won't help. I wish you luck!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner