Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gategoddess

Repotting pussy willow

gategoddess
19 years ago

Hi,

I have a French Pussy Willow ((at least that's what the Wal-Mart tag said) that I bought 2 years ago. It has been doing quite well in a 5 gal. bucket, but I'm wondering if it is time to repot it. I'm just imagining it getting root bound and I don't want that to happen. I don't have much in the ground for a couple of reasons, first of all, the gophers overwhelmingly won the war years ago and we've lived here since '82, so you know we've tried everything we could; I have 2 corgis so I won't use anything toxic, and secondly, the soil in our back yard is like clay and rock. It is just way too much for me to tackle, so I chose to have a containerized garden, and believe me, I have containers everywhere!! Somewhere along the line I lost the tag with the instructions so before I go looking on the net I would like to see if anyone here has had "hands on" experience with them; I have a 15 gal. that is nice and deep, but I'd be wasting it if the willow doesn't grow very high, I'm remembering a willow tree that grew in our front yard in Baltimore when I was a child, and this sure isn't the same kind of willow tree. Should I wait until spring to repot, if so, would I go up just a couple of gallon sizes? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Antoinette

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs