Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

American Horticultural Society

Hi All,

The American Horticultural Society has their "Seed Exchange" going on right now, and I thought some of you might be interested, so I'm gonna give you a little bit of basic info and link to their site if anyone wants to check it out further.

They do this every year, and here's how it works! You need to be a member if you want to "order" any of the seeds---membership is $35! Along with participation in the annual seed exchange, joining gets you free entrance to many/most of the public gardens in the U. S., a subscription to the bi-monthly American Gardener Magazine, and a few miscellaneous other things!

With the Seed Exchange you can get up to 10 packets of seed free, but they request that you make a $5 donation! You can get up to 15 packets---but the "donation" becomes a mandatory $10! And they have a "bonus seed" list, that they somehow pick as "special" seeds, and, in addition to the 15 "regular" packs, you can also get 2 selections off of the Bonus List for a "contribution" of $15! That's all the basics.

If anyone decides to join to participate in the Seed Exchange, if you send seeds TO them, you get first dibs on what you want from the list when it comes out! That's past for this year, but just a heads up for next year!

I'm linking to the AHS Annual Seed Exchange page below, and there are links there where you can check out this year's seed list and look at the order form, which gives you all the info I just posted above!

If anybody has any questions that I could possibly answer, let me know.

Seeds are a GOOD thing,

Skybird

Here is a link that might be useful: American Horticultural Society

Comment (1)