Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dafygardennut

OT - Laughter & kitties

dafygardennut
16 years ago

Georgia (the TiVo cat)

Pig (Sophie - grumpy)

Sort of garden related, but don't think it will grow here - looks tropical to me :-)

Comments (16)

• digit
    16 years ago

Dafy, except for the kitten vine, your house looks something like my dad's - 'cept, he no longer has cats . . .

Well, what I mean is that Dad's got the same TV and has owned cats that looked all but identical to your 2 grown-ups. There's a little bit of a story:

Joey, who could have passed for Georgia, showed up on the St. Joe River where Dad was camping on a hunting trip. He and Mom claimed that the nights were below zero and there was quite a bit of snow. They were near the river which tells me that they must have been just off the main road. I think it's about 40 miles from much of "Anywhere" and we had to be careful not to wander into MT while hunting up there in the Bitterroots. Somebody dumped a cat in the wilderness!?!!

Joey was the sweetest kitty. Very independent - one of those cats who agree to share the property with you. They had her spayed right away so she never had kittens. It was real sad when she disappeared after living with them up into her old age.

So they got Cuddles, cue Sophie - grumpy. Cuddles always looked more-or-less grumpy - very round Persian-type face. But, she wanted to spend as much time as possible in your lap. She was very, very "generous" with her offerings mice. And, just kept goin' & goin' until she was over 24 (I believe it was, well over 20, anyway) and blind. She made a very good pet for my aging parents and has been gone about 10 years now - replaced by Niki, the border collie. (Who's rather cat-like but don't tell her that. ;o)

digitS'

• digit
    16 years ago

This is an old scanned photo. My niece is now 28 with a baby of her own . . .

I'm certain that Cuddles had nothing to do with the bruises and band-aids other than to provide comfort.

I'm trying to think . . . Niki is nearly 10 and Cuddles was already gone before she showed up so that means Cuddles passed away to the Big Sofa in the Sky about 1998. This photo must have been taken in 1990 so she's about 15 years old here.

My, how time flies . . .

• digit
    16 years ago

Wait a minute . . . so much for my ability at handling numbers.

Debbie isn't 10 here - more like 4 or 5. So it's Cuddles who is about 10 and the photo was taken about 1985 . . . sheesh!

Steve's digits

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    16 years ago

Cat & Mouse!

:-)
    Skybird

• dafygardennut
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sophie is 15 and crotchety, and missing all of the teeth on one side her mouth. She loves her daddy's lap the best and will stand next to you and yell if you're in her place on either the couch or the chair when she wants to nap. She was a rescue kitty, got dumped over the fence in a bag in Oklahoma with her sibs and was the only survivor.

Georgia is a Boston kitty, we've only had her for 1-1/2 years. The couple that brought her here from Boston had a baby and needed to find a new home for this sweet baby. She doesn't like being petted or snuggled unless it's bedtime and then you better leave her space in the bed right next to you cuz she's a bed hog :-).

{{gwi:1189695}}

This made me think of skybird and I want to do my part with the endorphins :-)

16 years ago

That's TOO good, Dafy! Where are you coming up with those things? Endorphin levels are definitely up again tonite!

Skybird

P.S. I've copied that one onto an email to send it to all my f/a friends.

• dafygardennut
    Original Author
    16 years ago

icanhascheezburger dot com

{{gwi:1189696}}

16 years ago

Crackin' me up just before I go to bed again, huh, girl? That's hilarious! Tho, for obvious reasons, I still REALLY like the airplane one!

Nighty-nite,
    Skybird

• dafygardennut
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1189697}}

• aliceg8
    16 years ago

Well, I don't have a funny picture. (There's one or two somewhere, but not on my laptop and I'm too lazy to retrieve them.) So here's a garden related photo. This is Cleo who is 9 years old now. This photo was taken a few years ago in Seattle. She's an inside only kitty now, although we're planning on putting up a kitty garden enclosure outside with a cat flap to it.

• dafygardennut
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anyone can put anything here, doesn't even particularly have to be garden related since it's an Off Topic thread :-)

I just didn't want to post about my kitties in the Who's Here thread and thought it would be fun to give people a laugh since laughter releases endorphins, and that makes you happy, and we can all use it during the winter especially.

{{gwi:1189699}}

• catladysgarden
    16 years ago

Most, but not all of my cats have pages on Catster.com. If you have the time or the inclination to visit them, I think you might enjoy it. I will provide a link to Casper's page. Once you get there, you will find thumbnail photos of the others. Just click on the thumbnail to go to that cat's page. Enjoy.

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Casper

16 years ago

Hi Dafy,

I just wanted to come back to say thanks for taking the time to post the cute and funny kitty pictures. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you, but I had a couple more bad days--apparently in spite of the extra endorphins, and I just haven't been up to posting for a couple days. Feeling somewhat better again right now, and hoping, again, that it lasts this time.

Keep smiling,
    Skybird

• tunnymowg
    16 years ago

Ok, since Skybird mentioned my screen name the other day, and Dafy started this thread, here is my fluffy little crew:

Tunny (Tundra)

Mowgli

Gracie

Oh my god Catlady you have a LOT of cats!!! =D We are on Catster too! Look for some friend invites soon!

• dafygardennut
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1189711}}

16 years ago

Thanks, Dafy.

:-)
    Skybird