Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

Does a Bok bring you Choy?

digit
12 years ago

You know, I really don't like coleslaw. Except at this one fish & chips place. And, I don't care much about their fish & chips . . .

Their hamburgers aren't so great either. They don't make Reuben sandwiches . . . which is just as well because Reuben sandwiches give me heartburn.

Can't seem to make sauerkraut. Oh, cabbage rolls are okay. A corned beef & cabbage dinner is okay - lots of tators on the side.

No, I'm not just trying to be an aji-tator. I think I've got the garden cabbage patch fairly well covered without growing cabbage this year. I grow bok choy!

And, not that big clubby bok choy that you usually find in the soopermarket! I grow the cute little bok choy . . . and, other Asian greens. Leafy greens! I can grow leaves fairly well. Leaves come first! Yeah, it is everything that comes later that I have trouble with . . .

Truth be known, cabbage leaves often have the most difficult time in my garden. I can deal with the cabbage worms with Bt spray but the aphids . . . ? Can't reach 'em with any spray and it would take a hundred LadyBugs on each of those big, ol' cabbage plants to make a difference, some years.

Anyway, I'm thinking of NOT growing cabbage this year. It will be the first time in at least 25 years that I haven't had cabbage growing somewhere.

Is there something that you are thinking of NOT growing this year?

Steve

May the LadyBug be with you.

Comment (1)