Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does a Bok bring you Choy?

Posted by digit ID/WA (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 12, 12 at 10:23

You know, I really don't like coleslaw. Except at this one fish & chips place. And, I don't care much about their fish & chips . . .

Their hamburgers aren't so great either. They don't make Reuben sandwiches . . . which is just as well because Reuben sandwiches give me heartburn.

Can't seem to make sauerkraut. Oh, cabbage rolls are okay. A corned beef & cabbage dinner is okay - lots of tators on the side.

No, I'm not just trying to be an aji-tator. I think I've got the garden cabbage patch fairly well covered without growing cabbage this year. I grow bok choy!

And, not that big clubby bok choy that you usually find in the soopermarket! I grow the cute little bok choy . . . and, other Asian greens. Leafy greens! I can grow leaves fairly well. Leaves come first! Yeah, it is everything that comes later that I have trouble with . . .

Truth be known, cabbage leaves often have the most difficult time in my garden. I can deal with the cabbage worms with Bt spray but the aphids . . . ? Can't reach 'em with any spray and it would take a hundred LadyBugs on each of those big, ol' cabbage plants to make a difference, some years.

Anyway, I'm thinking of NOT growing cabbage this year. It will be the first time in at least 25 years that I haven't had cabbage growing somewhere.

Is there something that you are thinking of NOT growing this year?

Steve
May the LadyBug be with you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does a Bok bring you Choy?

Some of you are thinking, "That Steve, he gets on one thing and never gets off it!"

Asian greens = Steve likes 'em

(Combine that with a tendency to repeat myself ;o):

I did not give this to DW this morning. And, I'd probably better not leave this comic up here too long. It seems to have copyright information, altho' my glasses aren't strong enuf to read it . . . I don't even know where it came from! I'll probably delete it from the gallery in a couple of days but, hey(!) It's Valentine's Day!

If'n you'd like to click the comic strip, you can go to a video of "Mr. Happy Man." I hope you enjoy both of them.

Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here