Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden clubs in the Denver/Colorado Springs areas

Posted by davissue_zone9 z9 Sunset 14 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 08 at 17:59

I was wondering when I come the first week of June for our vacation, if any garden clubs are having open garden days. I checked the Garden Conservancy website, but they have nothing for Colorado in 2008. A search of this forum does not bring up the mention of any garden clubs or societies. Surely there must be at least a chapter of the American Rock Garden Society?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden clubs in the Denver/Colorado Springs areas

Hang in there. They will update their events calendar by March. Our growing season, planting really doesn't begin until mid May. Blooming depends upon weather which can be irratic in CO. The first week of June may be a bit scance for tours, but there are many public gardens to visit even without formal programs going on.

One of our GW members in Colorado Springs hosts a tour of her garden through a local chapter. And there are a number of others in the Denver area. I can't remember when they had the tours going on. The Botonic Gardens in Denver is a must while visiting. You can get a better take on plantings/growth habits/blooming in our area during June.

And yes there is an NARGS in Colorado, the link is below. A google search for Colorado Garden Clubs will link you to dozens around the state.

Here is a link that might be useful: NARGS

o
RE: garden clubs in the Denver/Colorado Springs areas

I havent had a chance to reply to your other thread, but if youre interested in rock gardens, I think youd really enjoy the Alpine Garden at Denver Botanic Gardens. It has plants ranging from quite common, to ones that have been collected from all over the world for trial here in the high plains area. There will always be things blooming there except in the middle of winter.

Also, as someone else has already suggested on the other thread, if youre planning to drive I70 either coming or going, I bet youd really enjoy spending some time at the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens in Vail, Colorado.

Have a fun trip,
Skybird

P.S. Glad to see you back, Emagin. Where have you been, girl?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here