Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenbean08_gw

Free Seeds from Seeds of Change

greenbean08_gw
13 years ago

I saw this tonight and thought I'd pass it along...

Seeds of Change is giving away 100 million seeds-

Individuals can get 25 packs of organic seeds free (they do charge $4.99 for shipping). According to a comment on their Facebook page, the seeds will be a variety of vegetable, herb & flower seeds. I figure at $.20/packet shipped, it's worth the risk...

Organizations can get 100 pkts for $14.99.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sowing Millions

Comments (12)

• greenbean08_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think "organizations" means "community groups, schools and non-profit organizations".

• Dan _Staley (5b Sunset 2B AHS 7)
    13 years ago

Before we can send you your share of the 100 million seeds, we�d like to get to know you a little better. Use the space below to tell us a bit about yourself and what you have planned for your Seeds of Change seeds.

We also need to know if your seeds are for an individual or an organization. The limit per household for individuals is 25 packets of seeds (approx. $75 value) for a $4.99 shipping charge, and the limit per organization is 100 packets (approx. $300 value) for a $14.99 shipping charge. You can only order seeds once and they will likely arrive within two to six weeks.

Dan

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Woohoo!!! Thanks for the heads up! My 25 packs are on their way : )

Who knows what I'll get, but out of 25 packs, I'm sure there'll be a few things I can use, and I'll pass the rest on through trades, swaps, etc.

Bonnie

• greenbean08_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

All gone...

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    13 years ago

WOW! It said it was going on till December! I thought that was probably pretty unrealistic, but TWO DAYS! WOW! Talk about the power of the internet!!!

I ordered mine around noon---and they took my credit card number and I got a confirmation number, so I'll be looking for them in the mail! If they "gave away" that many in 2 days, methinks it's gonna take a while to get them! It'll be fun to see what I get, and there's always somebody to give them to for the things I can't use! For five bucks it was worth doing just for the fun of watching for them---and tearing them open when they get here!

Thanks for giving us a heads-up on this, GB,
    Skybird

• kvenkat
    13 years ago

Good golly, that was FAST!

• conace55
    13 years ago

I got some before they were gone too. It will be fun to compare with others to see the variety that was given out.

Thanks greenbean!

Connie

• conace55
    13 years ago

Got my seeds today! That was much faster than I'd thought it would be. Here's what I got...

Thai Green Lettuce
    Four Seasons Lettuce
    Sweet Valentine Lettuce
    Formidana Lettuce
    Early Palla Rossa Radicchio
    Integrata De Wild Lettuce
    Rouge De Grenoblouse Lettuce
    Red Stalk Celery
    Round Blck Spanish Radish
    Greek Amaranth
    Cippolini Onion
    Rio Grande Hot Chile
    Peruvian Purple Chile
    Garlic Chives (Chinese Leeks)
    Mammoth Dill
    Lemon Catnip
    Sherazi Tobacco
    Motherwort
    Oregon Spring Bush Tomato
    Oaxacan Pink Tomato
    Gold Currant Cherry Tomato
    Thessaloniki Tomato
    Victorian Sage
    Balloon Flower
    Rocket Mix Snapdragon

I would have hoped for more flowers and a few less varieties of lettuce, but quite a bundle of seeds! Anyone else get their package?

Connie

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Connie, my package arrived yesterday, and my list is almost identical to yours, just two or three are different. Funny, I would have preferred no flowers, and all veggies: ) Even though there were things in there that I won't use, I still think it was an awesome deal for 5 bucks!

Bonnie

• mayberrygardener
    13 years ago

Wow, I totally missed out on this one. *Looks with envy at the Thessaloniki seeds*

• greenbean08_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was out of town for about a week and I was really hoping mine would have arrived while I was gone, but no such luck. Guess I'll have to be patient...

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    13 years ago

Nothing here yet either, GB! I'm disappointed every day when I go to get the mail in!

Bonnie was hoping for more veggie seeds---and I'm hoping for more flower seeds! Looks like what I get is gonna be heavy on the veggies! Methinks I'm gonna have some pepper seeds to give away at the swap!

If I get Thessaloniki, you can have half of them at the swap, Mayberry! Will try to remember, but when I post that I got mine, remind me if I don't mention it!

Waiting for tomorrow's mail,
    Skybird